Saturday, June 6, 2009

Friends, Old and New

Last night, we had a special treat.  Wonderful friends, Richard and Susan Boyanton came over and had dinner with us. (Richard is the pastor of the Town and Country Church in Norman, OK, formerly the Norman Cowboy Church and also the friend who fell out of his truck in January and broke his leg in numerous places, went through several surgeries and rehab and is now walking fairly good with a cane).  Don cooked a pork roast (made pulled pork sandwiches on whole wheat buns), "company" potatoes (casserole), green bean bundles (oh so very yummy recipe borrowed from AZ friends, Tim and Lori Pruit) and salad.  We ate outside and enjoyed it so much.  We even played cards outside until it got so dark and we couldn't see by the moonlight.  We took our game inside where us girls continued our winning ways... 3-0.  It was so good to see these precious friends after months of being away.Richard and Susan Boyanton

This morning, I had not been out long when I looked out the window to see a lady and her Corgi walking.  I almost broke my neck grabbing my camera and bursting out the door just as she was walking past our site.  Meet Cheyenne.  She's precious and in true Corgi fashion, very friendly.  Cheyenne is also very talkative and knows what she wants.  Too cute!Cheyenne Hayes from Edmond, OK visiting at A-AAA RV Park, Newcastle, OKOwner, Susie, and I had a delightful visit, connecting on several levels, the best one being that she is a fellow follower of Jesus Christ.   Christians with pets have a wonderful witnessing tool at the end of a leash. 

Susie, hubby, Cheyenne, and Rex (Corgi Boxer mix) are here for the weekend for a little R and R and will hopefully be back again during the summer.  I would love for Don to meet them and spend some time getting to know them better.Susie Hayes

On our way over to Walt and Diana's for dinner, we saw this Longhorn cow.  She looks a bit skinny to me.looks rather skinny to me

After a delicious homemade spaghetti dinner and peanut butter pie, Walt showed us his new Honda GoldWing. I sure wanted to at least sit on it, but no one invited me.Walt, Diana and Don admiring their Gold Wing

Next, we all went next door to meet Diana's daughter and family.  Of course, I had to take a few pictures of her flowers as we walked.100_0765wild flowers

Diana's particularly proud of her new great-grandson, Jaden.  The do-rag was supposed to be keeping the wind out of his ears, but at least he's really cute in it.Jaden wears his do rag with style

This fellow is not shy at all, so we just left him to his journey across the backyard.not a shy turtleDiana had a dead tree just for me. 100_0775

The paint horse behind their backyard.100_0776

We enjoyed a game of Mexican Train dominoes.  Girls 2 - Guys 0.  And that's all I will say about that.  Did I mention we enjoyed the game... we, as in we girls. Now, that's all I will say about that. 

Diana and Walt... the picture I promised.Diana and Walt Davis

Don and Walt, friends since 1984.Walt and Don who met in 1984.All too soon, it was time to go home.  Tomorrow is Sunday.

We are so blessed.

2 comments:

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

I am so jealous. Everytime I see a picture you are wearing shorts. It may get into the 60's during the day here but at night it has been dropping down to the low 40's and upper 30's. Our heat has been running a lot. But it is beautiful here. Glad you are having a great time. See you in the fall. Love you guys.

Mrs. Monty said...

Sounds like you guys are keeping busy. Enjoyed all your pictures. Trying to catch up with all the blogs tonight. Have a good summer. At least the storms have slowed down in the Midwest. Will try to work on my blog this week. Take care.