Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Grandson Logan is SIX!!

HAPPY

6th 

BIRTHDAY

TO

LOGAN!!

abcdefghijk

Logan

mischievous grins

Author: Unknown

Little boys come in all shapes and sizes,
Shy and adventurous, full of surprises,
With misshapen halos and
mischievous grins,
Small dirty faces, and sweet, sticky chins.
They'll keep you so busy, and yet all the while
Nothing can brighten the world like
their smile.
And no greater treasure has brought homes more joy
Than a curious, active, and lovable boy!

lmnopqrstu

Logan 1st game 3

vwqertyuio

Logan & Stephanie

 God's Dream

(author unknown)

God made a world out of His dreams, of magic mountains, oceans & streams.

Prairies and plains and wooded land, then paused and thought,

"I need someone to stand on top of the mountains, to conquer the sea, explore the plains and climb the trees, someone to start out small and grow sturdy, strong like a tree and so.....

He created Boys, full of spirit and fun to explore and conquer, to romp and run with dirty faces, banged up chins, with courageous hearts and boyish grins.

When He had completed the task He'd begun, He surely said,

"That's a job well done."

pmzxcvbnlkjh

0987654321`

As Long as There are Little Boys

by LaVerne P. Larson

As long as there are little boys

For mischief and mud pies.

For charming you, alarming you,

and coaxing lullabies

As long as there are little boys,

So busy everywhere.

Your world is sure to be

A happy, loving place to share.

Rick & Logan in Alaska

A little boy needs daddy

Author: unknown

A little boy needs daddy
For many, many things;
Like holding him high off the ground
Where the sunlight sings!
Like being the deep music
That tells him all is right
When he awakens frantic with
The terrors of the night.
Like being the great mountain
That rises in his heart
And shows him how he might get home
When all else falls apart.
Like giving him the love
That is his sea and air,
So diving deep or soaring high
He'll always find him there.

';":/.,gfd

I Have a Boy

Author: Hugh M. Pierce

I've a wonderful Boy, and I say to him, "Son,
Be fair and be square in the race you must run.
Be brave if you lose and be meek if you win.
Be better and nobler than I've ever been.
Be honest and noble in all that you do,
And honor the name I have given to you.
I have a boy and I want him to know
We reap in life just about as we sow,
And we get what we earn, be it little or great,
Regardless of luck and regardless of fate.
I will teach him and show him the best that I can,
That it pays to be honest and upright, a man.
I will make him a pal and a partner of mine,
And show him the things in this world that are fine.
I will show him the things that are wicked and bad,
For I figure this knowledge should come from his dad.
I will walk with him, talk with him, play with him, too;
And to all of my promises strive to be true.
We will grow up together, I'll too be a boy,
And share in his trouble and share in his joy.
We'll work out our plans when we both will be men.
And oh, what a wonderful joy this will be,
No pleasure in life could be greater to me.

s\]=-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for our little tribute to Logan, Rick and Dillon! I loved the poems about little boys. Hope to see you both soon.
Love Steph