Friday, September 5, 2008

This week..

Guess what???!!!  Bruce and Deann  are coming to Branson tonight, DeAnn & Bruce Hooverlate.  We will meet up for dinner tomorrow night.  Probably down on Branson Landing.  We can hardly wait to see them!  Drive safe, you two.

 

Besides activities I've already reported on, here are pictures I took earlier this week.  We stopped by Sight & Sound to visit with friend, Cami Wilson, after we had visited with Larry Wilhite.  Even from the parking lot, this building is so big I couldn't get all of it into one picture.  [There's only one big main entrance.]

100_7776100_7777

A nice picture, also, from the parking lot at Sight and Sound Theatre100_7780100_7781 Skip is back!  Doesn't he look "oh so French"?  He replaces Ron in the kitchen at the pancake grill.  That's KOA co-owner, Kim Newell, with Skip.100_7782

While at KOA, we visited with Carol and George Kline again.  Sadly, Carol is in such pain with her left shoulder that she is not going to be able to do her show at the God and Country Theatre Sunday afternoon.  She's so disappointed and so are we, but we want her to get herself taken care of.  Pray for them as they pull out tomorrow morning and head back home to Sebring, Florida to see a doctor there.  Carol and George are another couple that we have fallen in love with and know that we will keep in touch with.

Finally, after two summers in Branson, we finally got to witness the spillway at Table Rock Lake being opened.  While at the computer this afternoon, Don was outside enjoying the sunshine.  All of a sudden, he opened the door and shouted, "Get the camera and c'mon!"  I did.  And I did slip on my flip-flops.  We jumped in the truck and took off.  Then Don informed me that we were going out to the dam to witness the ten flood gates open and a waterfall flowing into Lake Taneycomo (which looks like a river).  These are pictures from different locations on the west side.100_7783  100_7788   I went out on this point to take a picture through the trees.100_7791These pictures were taken from the east side where the sun was shining almost directly into the camera lens.100_7794100_7795 100_7796 It was pretty impressive and the roar was deafening.  Wish you could see the massive mist (above) as the rushing water hit the lake below.  Don said that was the fastest he has ever gotten me out of the house and all he had to say was "grab the camera!"100_7800

Stephanie, you will enjoy this bit of humor:  "A little girl had just finished her first week of school. 'I'm just wasting my time,' she said to her mother. 'I can't read, I can't write, and they won't let me talk!'"

OK, please say a prayer for me.  I will be having a "minor" surgery procedure tomorrow (Sat.) morning at 10:00... having about nine sebaceous cysts removed from my head.  That's right, you knew it all along... I'm a knot head.  Thank you for your prayers.

No comments: