Saturday, September 6, 2008

Friday, 9/5/08

The following is an email from Carol (The Soft Sounds of Carol Kline) and George Kline:

"Dear friends and loved ones:

For those of you that knew I have been having physical difficulties, you may not be too surprised by this email.  For those of you who didn't know, I must tell you this has been a very difficult decision to make.  We have worked so hard putting our show together here in Branson, and George has made up some of the most wonderful photo DVDs to which were to have been shown at different segments of the show.  The patriotic finale' is especially moving.  It was all going to be awesome.  But...

As of this morning about 5:30 a.m., I finally realized just how badly things have progressed physically.  My fear is that my other arm will become as bad as my left arm, which is now almost completely non-functioning due to pain, and that both of my legs will be effected as well.  The left one has been a problem since before we left Hershey (PA).  Sleeping is so difficult (the nights are my worse time) and the medication we got last week when we went to the hospital ER here in Branson has not helped that much.  I've been hoping against hope that something will help, but even the extra strength Tylenol (yes, I've gone back to that along with the Naproxen and everything else) doesn't keep the pain at bay in my left arm.  While the medication dulls all the rest of me, that is not good when I'm on stage for two hours.

The truth is I'm finally aware that I'm doing more damage by going on.  And, even though Sunday is only a day or so away now, just being able to do the every day things (like washing and curling my hair, dressing, etc.) require help now.  Being able to go out on that stage and be exciting and sing with great enthusiasm and exuberance is just not possible.  It's time to bite the bullet, hope for next year, and go home to Sebring. 

I spoke with Mr. Easton, the owner of the God and Country Theatre this morning and he was very kind.  'Just get better' were his words, and I am so grateful for his understanding.  I've notified everyone out here that would have been involved in any way, and we'll pull out of here tomorrow morning (Saturday).  The owner of the campground stopped by this morning and she offered to refund the rest of our cost here.  (We were going to be here until 9/11.)  Praise the Lord!

So, while this was likely the worst decision I've had to make regarding my singing, I do believe it's for the best.  There is always another time and it looks as though everyone wants us to come back... maybe next year.   Continue to keep us in your prayers and we'll continue to keep you posted.  George will have his hands full getting us back home before the next hurricane hits, and taking care of me (which he does wonderfully well!).  We've met some sweet people here, including a pastor who serves as the chaplain here at the KOA and his lovely wife.  How wonderful God is and I'm sure He'll let me know what's going on in His time.  In the meantime, I think I'd better LISTEN! 

Blessings and love to you all,

Carol and George"

To my readers, thank you so much for praying for this precious lady and her most attentive husband.  Also, to Kim and Ralph, owners of KOA, thank you for your compassion and generosity to the Kline's.

No comments: