Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wonderful Wednesday

Don called me this morning.  He was outside the bed and breakfast where he's staying this week and I was outside the "Q" at the picnic table... to get a good signal so we could talk on the cell phone.  All I will tell you right now is:  God is up to something awesome in Iowa.

I spent most of the day with Mama Trudy as she wasn't feeling real good today.  I did give her a hair cut and that helped her feel better... it's a girl thing.  And we played a game of Mexican Train dominoes.  She beat me... that helped her feel better, too.

It's official!!!  No more drops for Mama's eye!!! Yeah!!!

We're also very excited that my brother is coming to visit next month.  I'm looking forward to hearing a first hand report of his recent trip to Guam.

On the way back to the "Q", I took a detour down a few back roads in the area.  I hit the jack pot of old buildings, stopping across the street from this.100_1697Nice hole in the roof, huh?  I love the vines growing up the roof on the back side.100_1698Then I pulled across to the gate in front of this old home.place.to.someone.from.the.past.100_1699Of course there was a dead tree, with a bonus... an old out building which was probably a chicken house.  Notice the roll of old chicken wire between the tree and the hen house.100_1702The east end of the house.100_1705It's my guess that the small structure behind the house was a well pump cover.100_1704Another view of the front door.100_1707The west end of the house really fascinated me.  There was no glass left in any of the windows.100_1708100_1710Wow!  What a stately old tree with it's glistening branches reaching toward heaven.100_1712A Paint horse!  I slammed on the brakes and turned into the driveway where this horse was grazing about two hundred and fifty yards away, in the shade.100_1714Not until I saw this picture on my computer did I realize there was a huge tree laying there, up by the roots.  My focus was on the silo.100_1715Part of the farm where the silo was. 100_1716I think I've taken this Paint's picture on another day, but he was moving and took some more. 100_1719His shadow.100_1720

Tonight, Wendy and Rick came over and we played Mexican Train dominoes.  Wendy won one and I won one... awwwww, poor Rick.  (I really mean it.)  We always have a good time, Wendy and I.

One good thing, though, before the evening was done, we had solved all the world's problems.  Now... if only the world would cooperate with us.

God is good, all the time and we are so blessed.

Are you listening for the Trumpet?

No comments: