Tuesday, July 21, 2009

More Horses and Ramblings

All night long, occasionally, I would hear a strange noise that I did not recognize.  When I got up this morning, I heard the noise again and it sounded like it was some kind of bird on top of the "Q" so I got my camera and quietly went outside and walked to the other side to find my strange "bird!" ... a tree limb scraping the slide-out in the wind.I found the bird!!Rick suggested that I ask the owner to trim this limb, so I did and they did and no more strange noises.

My sweet husband will be excited to hear that I slept through a storm last night.  I was sleeping in his recliner, but I was sleeping nonetheless.

On the way to see Mama today, I took a few more horse pictures when I saw this Paint horse.100_1683The Paint saw me and....100_1684smiled for the camera. 100_1685When I saw this Appaloosa, I had to get a picture, even though it was far from me in the shade of trees.AppaloosaI apologize that the Appaloosa had walked behind the tree... looks like a headless horse, but you get a better look at it's markings. AppaloosaI was alone in the truck today, so don't ask how I got this picture.  I'm just thrilled that it isn't blurry. 100_1694

I'm a little sad tonight... Don has tried to call me several times, but he doesn't have a very good signal where he is in Iowa and my signal isn't real good here, either.  We didn't get to talk. :-(  I am excited to hear about his day, but will have to wait.  I'm so thankful that we got to talk twice this morning.  He called me the last time to tell me about dear friends that had just called him from Missouri on their way to Kentucky.  He loved talking to them and was just "plumb tickled" to tell me about their conversation.  We do so love hearing from you... all of you.

As I meditated on John 14, the last verses spoke such peace to my heart,  Jesus (before His crucifixion) said:

27 “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. 28 Remember what I told you: I am going away, but I will come back to you again. If you really loved me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father, who is greater than I am. 29 I have told you these things before they happen so that when they do happen, you will believe.

30 “I don’t have much more time to talk to you, because the ruler of this world approaches. He has no power over me, 31 but I will do what the Father requires of me, so that the world will know that I love the Father. Come, let’s be going."

At the blog post entitled "40 Days to a Faith that Satan Cannot Penetrate" I failed to explain that by clicking on the scripture, a new page will open to Bible Gateway and you will be able to read that scripture in any translation of your choice.

While I was at Mama's today, she asked me if I had any idea where she had placed a piece of red material that she bought a couple of weeks ago to use as quilt backing.  She said, "I've looked everywhere and I can't find it.  Will you look for it?"  Of course, I looked and did not find the material either.  Mama took a nap and when she got up, she asked me if I had looked for the red material.  We talked about the mystery of the missing material and then I remembered that we know Someone who knows everything and cares about even our trivial needs, so I asked the Lord, "Please show Mama where she put the material."  She looked at me and said, "What did you say?"  I told her I had prayed.  She sat there for just a minute or two and got up, went to the closet, opened a box and there lay the missing piece of red material and I said, "Thank You, Father."  Mama said, "AMEN! Why didn't I think to pray?"  Before reprimanding me for "taking God's valuable time" for such a trivial request, try it sometime and experience that love.  It's a faith builder and a confirmation that He is right here with me.  I had no doubt.

We are so blessed.

No comments: