Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday Musings

On our way to meet Don's ride to Iowa, we enjoyed the beautiful clouds with the shades of pink and gray.sunriseThat glow behind the trees is the sun rising at about 6:30 A.M.  I know... you're shocked that I was up at that hour.sunrise at 6:30 AMWe met Bill about 6:45 and we said our goodbyes... of course we kissed goodbye... duh.  I drove back to the "Q" stopping at Wal-Mart for a few groceries.  I spent most of the morning, studying, composing an email, and blogging.

This afternoon, Wendy and I drove around this area taking pictures.

For the readers who do not know horses, I'm going to give you a little description as I write and post pictures.

This is a Bay horse... which is the name for the color:  brown-reddish brown with black mane and tail and black legs.  Two subjects in one picture... notice the old barn.100_1656This is a Sorrel (U.S.) or chestnut (U.K.).  The Sorrel is usually reddish in color and same color main, tail and feet.  Legs may often be white, one, two or all.  horse and birdThis is possibly a Buckskin However, Buckskin horses are usually a shade darker with a dark main, tail and legs. Could be a Gray.100_1659Old barn for today.  That wood is pretty weathered.100_1660The door on the other end is open, as you can see all the way through the loft to the blue sky.100_1661"DB" ranch, home of the old barn.100_1662Dead tree for today, from several angles.100_1664100_1665100_1667Wendy and I saw two houses dwellings like this one on the same road.  Strange. Proof I really did take this picture.... that's me in the mirror of the pick-up.  The road actually ended in the driveway , so we just quietly back-up, turned around and went back the way we came.100_1666My favorite, the Paint or Pinto. Isn't this a beautiful horse?100_1669In the same pasture with the Paint, was this Palomino, blonde with flaxen mane and tail.100_1670A cute donkey, scratching it's back on a limb and a Shetland pony pretending to graze but he's watching me.100_1671 On Wendy's side of the truck were these twin silos on a dairy farm, so she took this picture for me.  Thanks, Wendy.100_1672A little further down the road, we found this pair grazing.  On the left is a Black... well not really. Blacks are jet black and there is some reddish color to this horse's coat so it would probably be classified as a real dark Bay horse.  The one on the right is a Gray/Dapple Gray.100_1678Here, you can see more of the red in this horses coat.100_1674100_1673A pretty blaze face Sorrel with at least one stocking leg was in the same pasture with the Bay and Gray.100_1677A red and white Paint that shared a pen with a little black goat that I couldn't get a picture of without getting out of the truck and I didn't want to get shot or arrested for trespassing.  Goat was cute though.100_1680The picture above looks like a crop of the picture below, but it's not.  If it were a crop, the date would be missing from the top picture.100_1679Don called me from Iowa.  He and Gene drove straight through and arrived safely.  Don reported that it was 76 degrees there and very beautiful.  Prayerfully, he will get a good night's rest tonight and be ready for three days of meetings, etc.  I will give a full report when he returns or as he has time to share with me on the phone.  Thank you for your continued prayers for him and thank God for the energy Don had this morning.

This evening, Rick, Wendy and I played Triominoes.  That was fun.  Then we got a report of a tornado watch in the state, so I came home to check it out on the computer.  All the storms seem to be north and west of us.  Praying that Stephanie and family are ok.

We are so blessed.

No comments: