Thursday, July 23, 2009

Splash Pad Fun

The last night before Don returns home from Iowa and I invited my eleven year old granddaughter to spend the night with me, after I took her and her brother and a friend to the splash pad.100_1724Lydia and Blaine... sweet picture, huh?Lydia and Blainewet girlLydia and Blaine's backCody (10) and Blaine (7)Ouch.tender.ouch.knees.ouch .... poor baby's knees were raw from crawling on the rough concrete, but he never whimpered.ouch ouch ouchBlaine, Lydia and Cody. Blaine, Lydia, CodyThese buckets fill up with water and then dump on the head of whoever is standing beneath.  Lydia gets a drenching.100_1763A huge cottonwood tree near the splash pad.100_1764

On the way home tonight with Lydia, a deer dashed across the exit in front of us.  It all happened so fast that I never hit the brakes before it was gone.  Thank God, we didn't hit it. 

We are so blessed.    

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hello from Kentucky!
Just wanted to say thank You for the blog. It's a blessed spot always. It's been raining here too - supposed to rain all week.

Kerry's excited - he's going to an Interpretive Guide Certification Course in Aug. This is something he's been wanting to do for some time.

I'm hoping to get my cast off the middle of August. Right now that seems a LONG time from now!

God bless your week!