Monday, June 2, 2008

Expect anything

You never know what you're going to see around here.  This morning, while we were sitting out visiting with Bubba, Don suddenly said, "That dog's driving that motorcycle!"  As the Harley pulled into the park and drove to a site, I jumped up with camera in hand.  Before I could get to them, the man, his wife and his dog had all dismounted the bike.  So, I visited with Lisa McGehee and Shep until her husband, Bobby, came out to leave.  Shep was such a good girl, waiting patiently for her master. 100_6572 They're from Enid, OK, really nice, friendly folks. They take trips all the time on the Harley, with the dog, pulling the trailer.  Don't believe me?  Here's Shep getting her goggles on.  100_6568Now, she's ready to roll. And this is where she rides, usually sitting so Bobby can see.100_6569 And away they go!  Too funny.100_6570  Lucy, Carol and I went to the $100 store (Wal-Mart) this afternoon and did our shopping.  Got a clock for the 5'er and a couple of rugs, plus country ribs for supper tonight.  Yummmm. 

Our Diesel had tubes put in his ears early this morning.  Here's a sweet picture of him in the recovery room, taken with his daddy's cell phone. Camden in recovery 6 2 2008 Leslie also posted a picture she took of her grand mother, Mama Trudy with great-grandchildren, Memorial Day weekend.  Leslie published the sweetest post on her blog last night... made me cry.  I call it "Out of the Mouth of Babes."  She titled it "Mommy, I'm following in your path."mama trudy emma & camden   Speaking of children, I'm praying for Angie & Todd Smith's sister's family, the Sponberg's, who are having little Luke's memorial service today.  So heart wrenching.  This family has been through so much.  You can read all about the last week's happenings at "Bring the Rain".... link to the right in my favorite websites & blogs.

Ribs were delicious and we enjoyed Lucy's potato salad and Don's special beans tonight.  After a very humid day, it cooled off around 5:30 and we (Bubba, Lucy, Carol, Glen, Don & I) were able to eat outside and enjoy the evening without mosquitoes.  We do have some really pesky itty bitty tiny ants outside that we are fighting furiously to keep them outside.

I pray everyone has a great evening!

No comments: