Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday's ramblings

Be patient everyone, Snookie is WiFi-less at the moment. They should be in Raton, NM tonight and maybe she will have WiFi there. We spoke last night and they're doing great.

It's a cloudy Monday and we've already had a short rain shower this morning. The storms, hail, winds, and flash floods missed us late yesterday for which we prayed they would and God provided. We had storms north of us and storms south of us and it only sprinkled here. Praise God.

As we walk around the park visiting and loving the people, of course I have my camera swinging from my wrist.

Barry's giant lilies continue burst out in praise to their Creator and I join them in joyful adoration.100_6830This is the sign CRM had made last summer to announce to park residents and passersby of the worship service we have here. I remember last year, a young motor cyclist stopped to worship with us because he saw this sign.100_6824On to the office to check for mail and owner/manager George posed for this picture. What in the world is Amanda doing back there? Trying to stay out of the picture? Didn't work, Amanda. :-)100_6825

Late Friday, we were missing Bubba and Lucy so bad that we went over to their 5'er and sat in their swing. I called them on the cell phone and lo and behold, they were only about an hour away. They got "home" about 5:30 p.m. We are so glad they are back and very thankful they arrived safely. It's was getting dark, but I got this picture of Bubba. Welcome back!! (Hey Rick, Bubba's saying "LaVon, why you always got that camera?" He'll learn, won't he?)100_6831 Cute mural on the ladies room wall where we had lunch Saturday.

100_6833 Church in the pavilion at Oak Grove yesterday... Father's Day. 100_6841

Jimmy bought a watermelon this morning and put it on ice all day, so this evening four couples met at Jimmy and Lucy's for a watermelon feast... our first for the summer. Thanks Jimmy!

==================================

My current soapbox rant:

The Light Bulb Conspiracy

Do listen to the 5 minute video.

I hope you change your mind about these light bulbs if you are using them.

I don't intend to buy any myself.

Please pass this to along. I don't know about you but I'm not interested in encouraging China to continue to import things that are harmful to the U.S. citizens and I don't understand why Congress has the right to tell us what kind of light bulb to use. In fact, as I understand it, we won't have a choice in a few years if something isn't done. Sadly, our troops are fighting for our freedom on foreign soil while our freedom is being taken away from us at home by our own government. Hmmmm. (remind me again.... which party is in control?)

No comments: