Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday friends and "friends remembered"

Meet Don's long time friend, since 5th grade, Wayne and his wife, Laura.  We met them for breakfast at the Uptown Diner on 165 here in Branson.  We had a great visit.  I think the waitress thought we were going to homestead the booth we were occupying.100_6884I don't see two 60 year old men... I see two kids dreaming about driving that Corsair they're standing beside.100_6885 Hopefully, Wayne and Laura will be back this summer and we will do some fun Branson stuff with them.

Old Friends Remembered

OK family members, are you ready to do a double take?  I almost cried.  This is Truman, he's two years old and we met him this afternoon when his owners, Betty and George from Florida, were walking him and Lilly.100_6890 Lilly, 12 years old, was also adorable.100_6896 For readers who never met my Murphy, Truman looks almost just like him.  Same size, same color exactly and same friendly disposition.  Corgie's are such wonderful pets.  Anyway, when we sold our house and were getting ready to begin the RV ministry, we gave Murphy to friends who loved him and wanted him.  He was with them for 3 days and ran out on the highway and got hit by a car.  I was devastated, had Murphy for eight years and we were very close.  He's the best dog I ever had.  I love it when I see another Corgi, especially one that looks so much like my Murphy.  It was nice meeting you, Truman.100_6894 

More Friends:

We invited Amanda to eat dinner with us when she closed the office at 6:00.  It was almost 6:30 before she was able to leave the office but it's just as well... dinner wasn't ready until 6:30 anyway.  After a wonderful meal of pork steaks, potato/squash/onion bake, green beans and salad, we all (Lucy, Jimmy, Carol, Glenn, Don, Amanda and I) went downtown to Branson Landing100_6901 It's always fun to just walk the full length of the street and then watch the water, fire and music show.100_6914 Amanda was taking it all in.100_6907 Branson Landing is located on the Taneycomo River.100_6903 There are new buildings built on the river that weren't here last summer.  This restaurant is not open yet.100_6904Poor Jimmy, there was no place for him to sit.  100_6911 I finally convinced Amanda to pose for me with this beautiful scene behind her.100_6926 Hey Dave Sutton!  Here's YOUR sign!100_6927 Of course I took pics of flowers.  There's gobs of flowers on the Landing.100_6930 When the lights came on, they change colors. 100_6943 100_6944 100_6945 Don treated Amanda and I to Cold Stone Slab ice cream. Yum-dilly-ish-us! (i stole that from another blogger)100_6941 We had a good time on Branson Landing and it was really nice weather, too.

No comments: