Saturday, June 21, 2008

Wild Willie & Weekend Wramblings

Friday:

While sitting outside talking to my mama on the phone, this amazingly slender wisp of a lady walked by with her bottle of water, at a clip that I could not keep up with.  I waved to her and she waved and flashed a smile that would warm you through and through on a cold day.  It seems Mama and I had quite a few words stored up, so were continuing to converse when the pretty lady came by again, having made the 'big loop' in the park.  After about six laps, I had said goodbye to Mama and had my camera ready when Miss Energy came by again.  I told her I fully understood how she looked so good and that I should follow her, at which she invited me to join her.  I didn't and I can't remember now why, other than, I'm just lazy... no that's not it... I didn't want to slow her down.  Yes, that's it.  A few minutes later, I had gone into the house and I heard voices outside, so I went back out to find Don talking to Miss Energy and her hubby, so I joined them.  Her real name is Jody and hubby is Rhett from Louisiana.  We learned that Jody has Optic Neuritis and has already lost sight in one eye, 2/3 sight in the other eye and all color vision.  So, needless to say, I am asking you to pray for Jody and her eyesight.  What a delightful and intriguing  girl she is.  Jody has such determination not to use her challenge as a crutch of any kind on any level, which I admire greatly.  I just fell in love with Jody.  Hubby Rhett was also very interesting.  He's a ship pilot... a profession that is not heard of a lot until he's responsible for an oil spill in the gulf or some such disaster.  We pray that we never hear or see Rhett's name in the news.  It's my understanding that he pilots all kinds and sizes of ships.  He totally looks the mariner part... big, tall man with a beard, kind eyes and massive hands.  Well, where's their picture, you ask?  I asked permission, however, Jody's not much for computers and kind of grimaced at the suggestion that her picture would be on the world wide web, so I am respecting her wishes, even though it is sooo tempting because she is beautiful and they are such a cool, handsome couple.

Friday evening was spent with Bubba, Lucy, Carol and Glen as we went back to Branson Landing and had dinner at the White River Fish House (owned by BassPro).100_6936I have repented for over-eating and also ask you to forgive me for not taking a picture of the beautiful golden brown peach cobbler, cooked in a small iron skillet, with ice cream & whipped cream on top. I was more concerned with eating it than I was taking it's picture.  Don helped me eat it, though... I did not eat the whole thing!  Truth be known, I was probably worried that he would get more of it than I, hence.. no picture. (just kidding, hon)

Saturday finds the camp almost completely full.  Our back row has a rig in almost every site.100_6965 Don went for his morning walk and came back reporting that Bill had hooked on to his yellow camper and taken it for a ride down to the Table Rock Lake State Park.  Asking if the camper was still hitched to his car, I grabbed my little Kodak EasyShare point and shoot and headed for Bill's.100_6966I call this shot "Wild Willie!"100_6969Bill said that kids of all sizes where following him through the park on their bikes, etc. yelling at their dads to "Come look at this camper!"  Everyone wanted to take a picture of it and Bill had a blast sharing his "baby" with everyone there. 100_6970 Now, any time spent with Bill is fun and educational.  This morning, I smelled something being smoked and Bill allowed me a quick look inside his smoker.100_6967 You can just imagine my surprise at what he was smoking the sausage in... a wooden smoker!  Now I was not surprised to learn that Bill built this smoker... built it without any power tools even!  He once built four of these smokers upon request for a man who paid him $400 for all four.100_6968 (He didn't make much profit, if you consider his time.) Bill has smoked all kinds of meat and also cheese.  Cheese can be smoked and maintain it's shape if the temperature does not get above 160 degrees.  The soaked hickory chips are placed in a metal box (with holes) in the bottom above the electric coil and when the item being cooked is thoroughly smoked, the box is removed from the smoker.  When the sausage was ready, he brought Don and I a nice sample and it was ... what's that word???? YUM-DILLY-ISH-US!  There is a secret that I'm not revealing, however, so don't think you can duplicate this smoker just by looking at the picture. :-)

While I was still visiting with Bill, Barry drove by & tried to run me over.  Barry Douglas... short for Bad Dream.  Ooooo, that's a good one.  Can't wait to tell him that one.100_6972  Another nice couple we've met at the park are Patty, Earl and little Angel.  As they were walking by this morning, Don invited them in to see our Quantum 5'er after Patty's comment about how big it looked.  She was surprised to learn that it's only 32.5' long as it feels much bigger.  We just love having people over and showing off how God answered our prayers.  We were delighted to learn that Patty & Earl sometimes winter in Casa Grande, Arizona.  Hopefully, we will see them again!100_6973I'm not absolutely positive, but I think we have our own Bunting! Haven't yet found one just like this on the web. (I apologize for the quality.. taken through the window above our computer desk.)100_6975100_6976YIPPEE!!! We now have our own American Flag!  Can you guess where we got it?  Hint: see the picture of Bill's smoker.  If you guessed: BILL ELWELL, you would be correct!  Yep, Bill made this stand.  Thank you Bill!100_6979 Can't you just imagine JESUS coming through that opening in the clouds? 100_6980There was a thunderstorm gathering over Table Rock Lake.100_6981Bill's other teardrop is unlocked today so here are the pictures I promised....100_6982"1958 EasyTravel. Built in Elkhart, Indiana in May 1958. 12'6".  920#.  Completely rebuilt in 2005.  Cost new $875.00.  Sleeps 3, Full bed in back, single bed in front.  No sink, stove, toilet or water.  Pulled with a 2001 PT Cruiser 5 speed.  This camper was used in Wisconsin for hunting for 30 years then brought back to Illinois where I bought it on E-Bay for $810.00.  You are welcome to step inside and look around if you like.  If you have any questions I live in the yellow house behind the office.. to the left... Bill"  The exterior finish is the same material used for spray-on bedliners.100_6990Living area/double bed.100_6983Dining area/single bed. I must remember to ask Bill about these Cheerios. 100_6984Galley area.  Beautiful wood work.100_6985The finish is so glossy that you can see the reflection of the cabinet doors in the ceiling, which is also wood lined.100_6987Hard to believe this sleeps three.100_6988Tonight, we enjoyed a nice rain shower... thank the Lord, we had no severe weather.  We also enjoyed hamburgers with Dennis and Sally.  They also brought Butterfinger homemade ice cream..  That word again... yum-dilly-ish-us.  Sad to say, the guys beat the girls three games to one in Spades tonight.  But it was fun.  The four of us never get together without spending time in prayer.  So if you felt a hug from the Father tonight, it's probably because we asked Him to.  If we missed anyone, I'll ask Him now to give you a special hug and draw each one real close to Himself.  Sunday's coming and it's tomorrow.  See you in church.

No comments: