Thursday, June 5, 2008

soapbox

Since the Democratic nominee has been established, I guess you could say I've been on a soapbox. 

It's an urgent situation we face and I won't apologize for pleading with everyone I know about the importance of the next election.

But for now, I've said all that I'm going to say... for now.  But I will never stop praying.

Snookie, I found a dead tree, a cedar, in the park, but it's got something growing in the top of it... it may be poison ivy.100_6601 

Last night, we had a fun cookout with about 6 couples and two single kids and one single old man gentleman from the park.  Angus burgers are really good!  The fellowship was great and we heard lots of stories from everyone present.  Bubba, Yvonne, Lucy. 100_6604 Carol.100_6603 Wendell, belongs to Yvonne.100_6605

Here's a license plate on a motor coach in the park: 100_6600

Today, Don attended the Branson Christian Businessmen's Prayer Lunch which is led by Doug Gabriel.  Some of you Quail Run people will remember that we saw Doug & Cheryl performing at the Arizona Opry.  They have a show here in Branson every morning at 10:00.

While Don was away, I painted our new bottom step that Barry built us.  Looks good, doesn't it?  100_6609Speaking of looking good... our petunias and impatients are very happy. 100_6608 100_6607This afternoon, we drove around the corner to a fresh vegetable and fruit stand.  I forgot to take a picture!  Oh my, I'm slipping.  Well, I sliced the fresh zucchini, yellow squash, new potatoes and vidalia onion; coated it with olive oil; sprinkled it with sea salt, ground pepper and a little season salt; then cooked it in the convection oven.  With this, I prepared four chicken thighs and cooked them in the rotisserie.  Don made a lovely salad. Heavenly Father, thank You for this beautiful meal you have provided.  And thank You for our wonderful kitchen to prepare it in.  Amen.  Don is also enjoying the fact that I'm enjoying our new kitchen galley.

We also bought these huge strawberries that are from Arkansas.  They were sooooo sweet and we decided to share them with Lucy and Bubba since they shared their fresh vanilla bean Blue Bell ice cream with us. :-)

Hey, our dinner was healthy and low fat.

No comments: