Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday in the 'park'

Don returned from his walk around the park this morning to tell me that Truman and Lilly's pictures are on the back window of George and Betty's Holiday Rambler, so I grabbed my camera and went to see for myself.  100_6955 George was outside, so I visited with him and then Betty came to the door and invited me to come in and see the 'kids.'  The picture on the back window is actually Lilly and another Corgi they had before Truman.  I believe this is Hogan in the picture.  I sure enjoyed visiting with Betty and George... such interesting folks from Florida, both retired from the Kennedy Space Program as computer programmers.  They have been in every state in the U.S. except Delaware.  Betty told me that last year was the last time they would have a Florida Corgi party at their home after years of hosting this annual festival.  A get-together that started with eight Corgis, ended last year with 115 people and over 80 Corgis in their backyard.  WOW!  Their license plate even boasts of their love for this lovable breed of doggy.100_6960 They are on their way to Calgary, so we pray they will have a safe and wonderful trip.  I hope I will get to see them before they pull out in the morning.  I know!!! I need to take their picture, too.

2 comments:

Snookie said...

LaVon,,,ask George and Betty whats wrong with Delaware???? After all, MY state started this nation and it should be visited! Of course its so small you can see it all in a couple of hours....but still!

LaVon Baker said...

I knew that would get a rise out of you. LOL. I would ask them, but they pulled out this morning and I didn't even get their picture.