Thursday, June 12, 2008

Rocket is funny, Pook forgets nothing

100_0637 This little guy, my grandson who I nicknamed Rocket, was doing some serious thinking the other day and had this conversation with LaNae, his mom:

Rocket:  I'm going to be tall and skinny when I grow up.

Nae:  Yes, there's a pretty good chance of that.

Rocket:  You know, long time ago, Mom, you told me that I was going to be skinny.

Nae:  Yes, yes, that's true.  I was a very skinny kid and your daddy was a very skinny kid, so you have a good chance of be skinny, too.

Rocket:  (dead serious and remember he's only six years old) No girl is going to want to date me.

Nae:  Well, Rocket....

Rocket:  Yep, I'm going to be a skinny dork.

Nae:  (biting her lip, trying not to laugh and jumping up and down inside where "yeah!!! he's worried about GIRLS," took priority over "Rocket, you're only six.")

I have to document these humorous times in my grandchildren's lives, so you get to enjoy them as well.  Hope you enjoy them.

Today, Pook, 4, wanted her mommy to tell me that she has learned how to fasten her own seat belt (she's so smart) and then out of the clear blue she said, "Mommy, Papa Doppey's funny! (we laugh)  He thinks the ants on my table are REAL!"  Now, this conversation she and Don had was back in April when we were in Waco, but she still remembers trying tobridge_walk_watermarked convince Don that the painted ants weren't real and wouldn't hurt him.

No comments: