Saturday, June 28, 2008

Laughter is the best medicine

(Mama Trudy update 3 before she saw the doctor and learned of the blockage.)

And speaking of funny.  My Mama cracks me up!  When I talked to her this morning, she said a mid-east Indian lady, probably a cardiologist, came in to check her this morning and asked a lot of questions about her heart.  She had her little bag with her,etc.  She asked mama to describe her chest pains to her and mama said, "What chest pains?  I've never had chest pains."  Well, being hard of hearing and the lady having an accent of sorts, mama had to ask her to repeat several of the questions and things she was saying. However, she kept saying how good mama looked and how healthy her skin was and "you look 20 years younger than you are."  Mama said to me, "I heard every word of that."  Didn't need her to repeat it! And then mama just laughed and, of course, I was rolling.  Then later in their conversation, the 'lady doctor' was talking about something else and mama said she didn't understand what she said and I said, "Of course not, she wasn't talking about how pretty you are!"  Laughing, mama said, "No, I wasn't paying very close attention to what she was saying then." 

The cardiologist also told mama not to get in a hurry to go home, that they were going to be very thorough and find out what is causing her dizziness.

It's wonderful to hear her being herself again. She's making a list of things for LaNae to bring her from home, including her Bible.  I'm quite sure someone there will hear about Jesus, with such grace and love, before she's sent home.

No comments: