Friday, March 23, 2012

Cake Mix Lemon Cookies

Yesterday evening, it rained. This morning, it was cloudy, but the birds sang praises to their Creator, anyway.100_0813

With the warmer temperatures and the green becoming visible, soon, we will not be able to see Myra’s mother’s nine bedroom home on the side of the mountain before us.100_0818

Thanks to Don and I and our table scraps, the stray mama dog has gained a little weight!  100_0819

She has a bit of the mange, so I don’t pet her, but I sure would like to.  She was skittish at first, but now she comes up to me wagging her tail.  Whoever she belongs to doesn’t take very good care of her or perhaps she doesn’t belong to anyone, but she didn’t put that collar on herself.100_0820

Mama Trudy.  She just amazes me.

Me: “How do you feel, Mama?”

Mama Trudy:  “So lightheaded and having a hard time breathing. Help me to the rocker, I want to read.”100_0828She is so faithful to read if she can hold her head up. She doesn’t read when she feels like it, she reads because she loves the Lord and His Word sustains her every moment.

Don walked in the front door this morning with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. My brother asked Don if he had been to the office. (It’s a little joke around here: Don kisses me goodbye some mornings and says, “Going to work. If you need me, call the office.”) Anyway, Don told Jon, “Yes, went to the office, flirted with the secretary, felt guilty, bought flowers for my darling wife.”  My funny man.  The reality is: he bought the bouquet for me because of that one beautiful yellow rose.  “Thanks, Babe… you just flirt all you want to and keep the flowers coming.” Winking smile100_0832

This afternoon, I made Cake Mix Lemon Cookies with real lemon icing, for the first time ever.  Don and Mama Trudy love them.  Well, duh… me, too.  They’re really easy. Add 1 large egg, 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 cup of water to the cake mix. Drop by teaspoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes, longer if you like crunchier cookies.  Don likes the middle soft, however.

No comments: