Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday Sunset

As I was sitting in the Q half working on a blog entry and half watching for sunset through the window, I finally couldn't stand it anymore, so I grabbed my camera and went outside to the cactus garden.  It's about 45 minutes until sundown.45 minutes before sunset

The different types and shades of gray and blue in the clouds were amazing, especially with the sun shining on them.100_0613

There was another gentleman in the garden taken pictures.  Of course, I had met him in just a few minutes.  Well, actually, we had met before.  He was in the men's Bible study this morning as was his wife.  We met Beth and Merrill McHenry last year... a fascinating couple.  Merrill is an avid gourd enthusiast and artist.Merrill McHenry taking pictures

The sun is just off the frame on the left.  I love all the cloud formations in this picture.100_0619

There's a bird!  With it's wings spread out, even!  Looks like some rain in that cloud, doesn't it.oh, look... a bird!

Amazing.100_0632

And the sun has just gone behind the clouds above the very distant mountains.  Even though the vivid orange and reds were absent today, it was beautiful.100_0635

Merrill, again, looking for a good shot.Merrill McHenry taking pictures

Just a hint of sun glow on the clouds.100_0641

Northwest horizon.100_0643

North horizon.100_0652

Looks vaguely similar to an Oklahoma storm cloud.100_0653

Sunset.100_0661

Dusk.dusk

I hope you weren't bored with these cloud and sunset pictures.  To me, it was a beautiful evening and I was in awe of God's work in the skies.

I will love You, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies (Psalm 18:1-3).

No comments: