Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ohhhhh, it is so nice here!

What a glorious day today has been.  Understand, it has not been without it's portion of heartache and emotion, but we find joy and we have peace and love abounds.

Ladies Bible study was just such a really good time together sharing and learning.  I look forward to our time together every Wednesday.  Thelma came and we all embraced her and prayed for her.  She needed a moment of emotional release and there is such a wonderful atmosphere of love and trust with the ladies. These days are not easy for Jim and Thelma, but their faith is so strong and they love the Lord and people so much... they enrich and inspire us.

We were amazed to see Jim show up for men's Bible study.  He had asked me to take pictures of the men's group and he has asked Don to teach the class now that he has trouble breathing.000_0001000_0002000_0003

While Don was in Bible study, I ran a few errands and took a few pictures while I was out.

000_0009I have no idea what was being sprayed as there is nothing growing in this field, yet, but he sure seemed to be having fun.  Cute little plane, huh?000_0007

A dead tree, sort of.  And you just said, "Duh-uh."000_0004

I pulled off the highway, stopped and introduced my lens to a couple of sheep.  A quite of few of the ewes have been sheared recently, rather poorly.000_0016

A handsome fellow.000_0017

So sad looking without her "outfit."  The one on the left is trying to hide, I'm sure of it.000_0018

Awwww, what a cute little face.  I mean, really, look at the shearing marks on the sheep on the left.  She tucked her head just as I snapped this shot, too embarrassed to be photographed, probably.000_0020

Just so sad.  She must feel half naked.  Also, this flock of sheep has just about exhausted the supply of alfalfa here.  They will no doubt be moving to another field soon.000_0021

Mama, also a little embarrassed, and her two lambs.  Seems one has been 'hoggin'' most of the meals.  Other than size, they could pass for twins. [weak humor] THEY ARE TWINS. THINK ABOUT IT A FEW MINUTES AND YOU WILL KNOW HOW I KNOW THEY BOTH BELONG TO THIS EWE.mama ewe is so embarrassed.  look what they've done to her coat!

The remainder of the day was spent visiting with Glenda Bookey on her park model front porch, rocking and chatting.... girl talk, some light, some heavy.  We got 'busted' in the middle of our visit.  Don walked up and joined us for a few minutes.  Glenda has a great porch.  (Will take pictures another time.)  I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent with her.

As I walked back to the Q, I stopped and chatted with several others.  Everyone seemed to be outside enjoying the beautiful day.  Don said the pool was full of sun bathers when he went to get the mail.

That wonderful man I'm married to prepared yet another gourmet meal this evening: marinated (secret) and grilled round steak, oven-fried seasoned fingerling potatoes and zucchini, fresh sauteed mushrooms (secret), salad, wheat rolls.  Some would say the only thing missing was a good glass of wine, but since I know nothing about wines, our glasses of water was the perfect liquid companion to this perfect meal.

I had a good, long conversation with daughter LaNae tonight.  She's been working long hours, including weekends, but is changing shifts, so will have to work only one weekend a month.  It was so good to talk to her.  With the time difference and her work schedule, we get so little free time to chat.

Okay, was anyone else shocked about the last girl chosen to make the twenty-four contestants of American Idol?

Dishes are washed, floor is mopped, coffee maker is ready, this post is almost finished and I can't get on the Internet!

Quickly, I got on!! See you tomorrow!!

No comments: