Saturday, February 6, 2010

Even Now

I've been given/loaned a few novels by Karen Kingsbury, a Christian author.  Today, I finished Even Now.

Even Now

I read a review and a portion of it follows:  "In the main development, which really won't be a surprise (and that's OK), an 18-year-old soccer player manages to do what police, private investigators, four 60-something adults and two 30-something, supposedly intelligent, adults have failed to do, and all with a few keystrokes on a search engine." 

At first, I agreed, I had thought the same thing and then it occurred to me that I and the reviewer missed a vital point:  God is in control and it was His plan to use that 18-year-old as an "instrument of peace" allowing her, with His help and because she asked Him with faith, to do something older and more experienced professionals could not do.  Think about it.  You might need to read to book to grasp what I'm saying.

Even Now

I enjoyed it very much.

No comments: