Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ever After and Happy Valentine's Day

I finished the second and last of Karen Kingsbury's Lost Love Series, Ever AfterBefore you think I have turned to mush and wasting my time on silly romance stories, read it.  It will have an impact on you on at least one level.

Hint:  One of the main characters wears a military uniform.

My wonderful husband spoiled me today, allowing me to finish my book uninterrupted while he went to town for steaks for dinner and .....100_0733

Would you believe that this vase is one of the few things I saved and brought with me from our real estate life, packed in towels to protect it in the top of my closet.  The flowers Don brought me today fit in it perfectly.

You've Touched My Heart
You've given me a reason
For smiling once again,
You've filled my life with peaceful dreams
and you've become my closest friend.
You've shared your heartfelt secrets
And your trust you've given me,
You showed me how to feel again
To laugh, and love, and see.
If life should end tomorrow
And from this world I should part,
I shall be forever young
For you have touched my heart

100_0734

Thank you, my Valentine.

I love you. 

100_0736

Don prepared our Valentine meal tonight from start to finish:  shrimp cocktail, grilled steaks, baked potatoes, a beautiful salad, wheat rolls, which we shared with Rick and Wendy Fury.  Wendy brought the dessert, which we enjoyed after a couple of games of Spades and Zilch.  She makes the best pumpkin pie and it was so good with coffee and/or tea.

Happy Valentine's Day to all lovers and remember that as much as you love the significant other in your life,

Jesus loves you more.

1 comment:

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

The dinner was fantastic but the friends were even more fantastic. We love spending time with you two. Thanks Don and LaVon for a great dinner and an evening of fun and relaxation.