Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Onward Christian Soldiers

Honestly. What does a personal relationship with Jesus Christ look like?

The Psalmist writes:

13:5 – But I trust in your unfailing love.  I will rejoice because you have rescued me.

13:6 – I will sing to the LORD because He is good to me.

Verses 5 and 6 are the last two verses in chapter 13, so had the LORD already “rescued” him when he wrote this?  Let’s check:

13:1 – O LORD, how long will you forget me?  Forever?  How long will you look the other way?

13:2 – How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day?  How long will my enemy have the upper hand?

13:3 – Turn and answer me, O LORD my God!  Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die.

13:4 – Don’t let my enemies gloat, saying, “We have defeated him!”  Don’t let them rejoice at my downfall.

Doesn’t sound like someone who has already been rescued, does it?  But it does sound like some one who has a personal relationship with the LORD. He talks to the LORD, honestly.  Immediately, he reminds himself and the LORD, that he trusts HIM

Read verses 5 & 6 again.

David knows Who is with him.  He knows Who is all powerful and he know Who loves him.  So he begins to praise the LORD!

No matter what is going on in your life, God is with you, if you have made Him LORD and Master of your life.  No matter your trials and troubles, praise God.  Satan will not hang around when his purpose (to kill, steal and destroy) is not being established but instead, God is being praised!

A personal relationship with God starts with knowing His word (the Bible) and believing what you know. What follows the knowing and believing is acting on what you know and believe.   A personal relationship with God is inviting and involving Him in every area of your life, intentionally, until there is no difference between your life and His life.