Thursday, December 15, 2011

Georgia bound

We had to be at the airport at 5:00 AM, which meant that I was up at 3:30 AM.

It seemed rather quiet at the air port, so Don and I sat in the lobby and chatted until almost time for me to board at 6:25 AM.

This Christmas tree in the lobby is one of the prettiest I’ve ever seen.  I love how they have decorated it.

christmas tree

The leg of my flight from McAllen to DFW was in the worst seat on the plane… last row by the window.  I opened the shade on the window and there was an engine. Smile with tongue out  I didn’t care, I was on a plane going to my mama!Thumbs up  The next leg, DFW to Nashville = First Class… that was N.I.C.E.  Sat beside a nice lady and chatted a little.  Was met at the Nashville airport by my brother, Jon.  The two hour ride to mama’s apartment went by quickly as we visited.

We stopped in Trenton and I bought a poinsettia for Mama Trudy and I had purchased a red ribbon for my hair.  When we walked through the door, she didn’t recognize me at first and then she realized who I was and I sat down on the couch beside her.  She grabbed me and just sobbed and sobbed.  We both did.  No. We all cried, my brother, included.  This picture was taken after we regained our composure.

100_0090

She was so surprised and she can’t believe I’m here.  She knew our plan was to spend next summer with her, but she’s been telling my brother she doesn’t think she will make it to next summer, so she’d been praying that God would let her live until Don and I got here.

She’s very weak and coughs a lot.

No comments: