Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

Greetings from NW Georgia. Thankfully, the storm missed us last night, being about an hour east of us over the mountain.  (There was a tornado in north Georgia last evening.)

I am somewhat "bummed" out tonight.

The optimism I had that mama would tolerate the Digoxin to lower her heart rate, has been dashed. Yesterday afternoon she begin to itch severely and by last might she could hardly stand it. She got no sleep last night. By this afternoon, the rash was evident just beneath her skin on her abdomen, back, sides, chest, neck and shoulders. The cardiologists said stop taking the Digoxin and try Atenolol, 1/2 tablet every other day after her rash clears and itching subsides.

I am not holding out much hope that her body will tolerate the Atenolol, but we continue trusting God with mama's condition. He knows what's best for her.

The Dr recommended Benadryl cream and I applied it for her tonight. Bless her heart, she is so miserable.

Well, that is where we are in our endeavor to help mama be as comfortable as possible. She is such a trooper and walked in the house today for 18 minutes. She tried to make it for 20 minutes but gave out. All this in addition to her constant dizziness. No sleep last night didn't help. She did get a good 2 hour nap this afternoon due to sheer exhaustion. That helped so she wanted to play dominos to try to keep her mind off the itching.

I don't know how many meds the Dr will try before mama says, "no more."

Thank you for keeping her in your prayers and praising God for getting the toxins out of her system quickly.

My brother, Jon, is wonderful to check on us everyday, going to the stores for us and doing whatever mama needs done. I am so thankful for him. We are both grateful for each other. Being an only child would be so hard at a time like this.

I apologize that my update is lengthy, but writing helps me to organize my thoughts and figure out what we need to do.

Until next report, God bless and Merry Christmas.

Love,
LaVon

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

I helped Mama remember how to play Old Sol, as she calls the game of solitaire that she used to play when she was a kid.100_0108She plays about two hands and then she’s tired and lays down.

No comments: