Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I just want to say…

As I continue on my journey from “out of control” eating habits… 100_0818 to eating habits that are much more healthy for me, I just have to say how encouraged I have been by my friends and family, especially when I post a picture on Facebook three months later… 100_3708 on my birthday, and the comments just kept coming and coming.

I am nowhere near my goal, but to have people I love acknowledge a difference in me, well… it just helps me to keep on keeping on.  And… it brings tears to my eyes and joy to my heart.

I can not talk about encouragement without giving kudos to my wonderful husband who prays for me, brags on me, cooks and prepares just the things I should eat, sacrifices ice cream for me, cheers for me.  I am blessed way more than I deserve.  Thank You, God, for putting this man in my life.  How do women survive without a Godly man?  Bottom line…. not very well.

Utmost in the encouragement department is the fact that my precious mama has been praying for me, all my life.  What do girls do who do not have praying mamas?

How important is encouragement?

It’s priceless. 

I pray I can “pay it forward” and be an encouragement to someone everyday.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

LaVon, thank you so much for dropping by my blog! Congrats on your weight loss!! I know the struggle of that and the reward of pushing through the hard times! Praise the Lord for your encouraging husband!

Sharney Lea said...

Yes, God has blessed you with a godly Mama. And he has given you a very special gift in the man who walks this earthly life's path with you.
You two are quite a pair and I miss being near to you both.