Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Is it really important?

Is it really important what you expose your children to as they grow up; as their minds and spirits are shaped?

I’ll show you a few of the things that I grew up looking at and what God used to help shape my heart and mind: 100_4440

100_4445Both of these wall plaques were hand stitched by my mama.  They aren’t fancy, but they are her own creation and it was her heart’s desire to instill a love for God’s Word in her children and grandchildren.  Her heart’s desire has been realized.100_4443   100_4436

There’s also yellowed pages out of old hymn books that have been decoupaged to boards and hung on the wall.

There are other framed Bible verses that adorned the walls of our home and still do hang in Mama’s apartment.

What a legacy Mama Trudy has created for her family through her walk with the Lord.  Oh, God, please help me to be at least a shadow of the saint she is.

Do you know anyone who has read the Bible from cover to cover, every year, for the last forty-four years?  I do.  And I lovingly and gratefully call her Mama.100_4429-1

3 comments:

Snookie said...

I love this post!

Joel and Linda said...

Nice to grow up like that. I love my parents but they weren't that way. I read the bible cover to cover every year but it hasn't been 40 years!! Maybe 20...Maybe

LaVon Baker said...

Even 20 years is amazing. You're on the same track as Mama Trudy. Remember, she's 93... you're not that old yet.