Friday, June 24, 2011

It’s Friday already?

The time at Mama’s is flying by.

Sammy (nephew) and Kimberly (his wife), have a wonderful veggie garden and have supplied Mama with fresh veggies.  Today, Don used some of the zucchini and yellow squash to make a veggie lasagna.100_4432 100_4434I love the dish towel thrown over his shoulder. 100_4433He made a beautiful salad to go with the lasagna.100_4447

And my brother, Jonny, joined us for lunch!  The food and fellowship was wonderful.100_4446

More of mama’s quilted wall art.100_4442100_4450

After dinner tonight of leftover lasagna… even better tonight, Don and I walked a mile. 100_4451

I only stopped once to take a picture of this magnolia blossom. 100_4454

I didn’t stop to take this picture.  That’s why it’s a little blurry.100_4452

It’s Friday night already and we only have two more days and three nights with Mama.  I’ve already been crying just thinking about leaving Monday morning.  She hasn’t felt real good today.  I think she’s thinking about us leaving, too.

I spent some time today going through some of Mama’s pictures and have a hand full that I’m taking back to the Q with me to scan and post.  Can’t wait to start that project.

We’re so blessed.

2 comments:

Joel and Linda said...

Vegetable lasagna! That sounds like something I might like. Would it be good with portabellas? We will have plenty of zucchini and peppers especially jalapeno. Will have to try something like that. I tried my hand at making wheat bread (50/50) white and wheat. Tastes pretty good...

LaVon Baker said...

It would be wonderful with portabellas or a combination of zucchini and mushrooms. It's a recipe that you could experiment successfully with. I'll email it to you!