Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sweet Revelations

I call these waking thoughts "sweet revelations," because they have formed while I am asleep and these thoughts are on my mind when I awaken.  I have named them "sweet revelations" because I believe that God, my sweet God, has placed these thoughts in my unconscious mind to be written down upon rising.  With that explanation, the following is this morning's "sweet revelation:"

"I Am God, because I said I Am God."

Hmmm.  Period.  He is God because He says He is God.  Pure and simple.  I believe that with everything that is within me, just like I believe my mama when she says, "I am your mother."

If someone says to me "Prove that God exists," I reply to them, "God exists because He says He exists, therefore, the burden is on you, who do not believe, to disprove the existence of God."

How many people, who have a name, can you disprove?  I can't think of any.  And if I did, the burden would be on me to disprove them.  Some things have names, but they are not true and have been disproved. I could say, "Abraham Lincoln does not exist because I can't see him," yet there is evidence that Abe existed.  Evidence.  God exists in the person of Jesus Christ, if you need a physical appearance.  But one might argue, "He only said he was God. Prove it."  That's right, Jesus said He is God which places the burden to disprove Him on the non-believer.  Jesus walked on this earth as the fully God and fully Man, evidence that God exists.  In fact, there is more evidence that God exists than there is evidence of anything or anyone.  The entire universe is evidence of God, because He created it.  How do I know?  Because He said He created it and the burden to disprove His creation is on the person who does not believe God created the universe.  There it is all around us, the creation of the universe.  Now, you, non-believer in the existence of God, prove that God does not exist and that He did not create this miraculous universe.

Then there's the Bible and the truth of it.  Some say the Bible is just a story book, a fable, fiction, but the author of the Bible says it is Truth (non-fiction) and to disprove the Truth of the Bible, one must disprove the author and that has not been done, nor will it ever be done.  Many have genuinely tried to disprove the truth of the Bible, the creation of the universe and the existence of God, but because the Bible is God's true and living word (inspired by the Holy Spirit), they (the "disprovers") are now....  Genuine Believers in the one true and living God.  In fact, I challenge non-believers in the existence of God, to disprove Him.

God is God and all the other gods, since the beginning of God's creation of the universe, are man-made, feeble, dead mimics of the only true and living (ALIVE) GOD.

P.S. - If, with our finite minds, we could understand and explain everything there is about God, then He would, in fact, not be God.  Until we are in Heaven with Him, there will always be mystery about God and this universe.  Many, many mysteries, God will reveal and has revealed to us as we seek Him, which brings us right to the point He wants us to be all along... FAITH.

Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.
Hebrews 11:5-7 (in Context) Hebrews 11 (Whole Chapter)

Mark 10:13-15 (NASB)

Jesus Blesses Little Children

13 And they were bringing children to Him so that He might touch them; but the disciples rebuked them.

14 But when Jesus saw this, He was indignant and said to them, "Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

15"Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child* will not enter it at all."

*with the faith of a child.

Thank you, Father, for "sweet revelations."

No comments: