Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wayfaring Stranger

“Wayfaring Stranger” is playing on my computer audio player.

I am a poor wayfaring stranger
While traveling thru this world of woe
Yet there's no sickness, toil or danger
in that bright world to which I go
I'm going there to see my father
I'm going there no more to roam
I'm only going over Jordan
I'm only going over home
I know dark clouds will gather round me
I know my way is rough and steep
Yet beauteous fields lie just before me
Where God's redeemed their vigils keep
I'm going there to see my mother
She said she'd meet me when I come

I'm only going over Jordan
I'm only going over home

When the artists started to sing, “I’m going there to see my mother.  She said she’d meet me when I come,” I immediately broke out in the biggest smile with a giggle welling up in my soul.  In a flashing the smile and look on Mama Trudy’s face came to my mind as she said a few days before she went home, “It’s Gracie! I see Mama!” 

I’m am so comforted by the assured hope that I will one day experience the same, “I see Mama!!”

It’s so wonderful to know that God understands that I want to see and be with Jesus Christ, who saved me, but He also made us to love our family members and He understands and created those connections and they go with us across that line into Glory.

No comments: