Saturday, May 12, 2012

Remembering Mama this Mother’s Day

19521952 - Rankin Farm S of Edmondson, Tx - Jon, LaVon, Trudy, Bill DeRusha-001Actually, I don’t remember 1952, but I love this picture of Mama and Daddy and my big brother, Jon.

19541954 June - Royal Gorge w LaVon & Jon-001Vacation in Colorado with Aunt Nella and cousins is a memory I cherish.  This was the summer after my daddy died in February.  Mama was doing a wonderful job of creating new memories for Jonny and I.

19771977 - Mama Trudy, Jon & LaVon - Coldwater, Miss.Mama and I and my girls, Leslie and LaNae, took a road trip from Texas to Coldwater, Mississippi, to visit pastor brother, Jon and family.  I think that was the last time we were all together until Mama’s Celebration of Life Service in April.

19931993 Nov 3 - the day of Daddy Chuck's funeral - Jon, Mama Trudy & LaVonNovember 3.  The day of our step-dad’s funeral.  Jon preached his funeral. Mama spent the five years prior to his death as his caregiver, staying by his side devotedly.

2009August 18, 2009Mama, living in her new apartment in Norman, Oklahoma, after Don and I married and went “on the road” in the RV ministry.

2010TRUDY-001June 26th ~ Mama’s 92nd birthday.

20112011 birthday jun 26 Jon, Mama, LaVon 2-001June 26th ~ Mama’s 93rd birthday.

20122012 Jan 30 nnn - Mama Trudy and her children, Jon DeRusha and LaVon DeRusha Baker-001January 30th, after hospice care was started.

April 18, 2012deru12_4796-001You’ve been gone exactly one month and we miss you, Mama, and it’s okay with us that you aren’t missing us.  We’re happy beyond words for the joy and perfect health you are enjoying now.

You fought a good fight and you finished the race with style and grace.  We are very sure that Our Father’s smile is worth anything you endured while on this earth.

Thank you for loving God and raising us to do the same.  Thank you for praying for us. Thank you for your touch (you had the best hands) and thank you for your love, grace and forgiving heart.

Thank you for being Mama Trudy.

Your memory continues to be an inspiration to us.

We, your babies, love you very much and we admit that we always loved having our picture made with you,

Jon & LaVon

3 John 4 ~ I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

1 comment:

Snookie said...

This post was just the best. Excuse me while I go look for a tissue now.