Sunday, August 28, 2011

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

When I look at the person in the mirror, square in the eye, do I see Jesus?

If I can’t say, “Yes, I see Jesus,” is it because, perhaps, I really don’t believe what He says:

Matt. 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. …. 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.

Joshua 1:3-5
I promise you what I promised Moses: ‘Wherever you set foot, you will be on land I have given you ... No one will be able to stand against you as long as you live. For I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will not fail you or abandon you.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Romans 8:15
For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but you have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Hebrews 13:5-6
For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we may boldly say: "The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"

John 14:27: "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

If I really believe what Jesus says is true, I will be able to joyfully look in the mirror and say, “Hello, Jesus, I know You are in me.  I know You are with me.”

If I truly cannot “see” Jesus in my reflection, and have doubt about His presence with me, maybe an examination of my heart is needed.  Have I given my heart and whole life to Him, seeking forgiveness and making Him Lord and Master of my life?  If so, have I asked forgiveness for my “today sins?”

Have I forgiven today?

Have I read His Word today?

Have I talked to Him all day?

Have I listened to Him all day?

“Hello, Jesus, I see You,” is a great way to start my day.  However, the real test comes at bedtime.  Can I still say, “Goodnight, Beloved Jesus, I still see You,” when I look in the mirror.

Dear Jesus, I am Yours and You are mine. I know that if I can’t see you in me, no one else will either.  Help me to always see You in me.  Amen.

No comments: