Friday, August 19, 2011

I love surprises!!

Especially when it’s a visit from wonderful friends we’ve met while RV’ing!

While we were in Wal-Mart this morning, my phone rang and when I answered it, I heard this:  “Well, it’s pretty sad when a person drives 70 miles to see someone and they aren’t even home.”

Me:  “Who is this?” (You know how it is when you recognize a voice, but you can’t put a face with the voice immediately?)

Caller:  “Melvin Woods”

Me:  “Mel!!! Are y’all at our “house?” (Honey, Mel and Vi!!)

Mel:  “We are.”

Me:  “Don’t move, we’ll be right there!!)

Thank You, Lord, we walked right up to a cashier and checked out in record time and were back at the Q within 15 minutes of Mel’s call.

They stayed about two hours… not nearly long enough, but we now have plans to go visit them at the park where they are staying, so we can play a couple of games of Pegs and Jokers.  Don and I should probably get our game out and practice before we go, it’s been so long since we’ve played P & J.  In fact, I think the last time we played was with Mel and Vi about two years ago!

Well, we sure enjoyed their visit today… they look great(I know, I was so excited to see them that I forgot to take a picture… can you believe it?).  And they’re just as fun as ever.  It’s so fun catching up with what’s been going on with them.

Here’s a picture of Mel and Vi from several years ago.  Actually, this picture was taken at Quail Run in Arizona our first winter as chaplains.  Melvin and Violet Woods, our sweet friends from North Carolina:

2 comments:

joelfloto@yahoo.com said...

Forgot to take a picture??? Now you are slipping LaVon..

LaVon Baker said...

I know, Joel!! I'm so disappointed in me. :-) But we're going to see them tomorrow, so I will get some pictures then.