Thursday, July 17, 2008

Terrific Thursday

Wow!  We do love it when Mama Trudy has a day like today.... feels good with heart rate strong and even.  She wanted to get out of the apartment (cabin fever has set in), so after therapy, we got in her pickup (I drove) and headed over to LaNae's so I could tell Lydia goodbye.  Of course, Nonna had her camera and I got some more good pictures of my grandchildren who are growing up way too fast.100_7348 LaNae put on a puppet show with their webkinz.  Her children think she is the funniest mom ever.  I have to admit that I was laughing pretty hard myself, but LaNae has always made me laugh.100_7350And Lydia has inherited her mom's sense of funny.  flamingo birthday Here she is with a stuffed pink flamingo (that's my girl) that she named Louie Rodger Floppinstein.  Cute huh?100_7351Here's Lydia, Louie Floppinstein and his BIG brother, Flippy.100_7352I love this picture of Lydia and Mama Trudy.  See Mama's new necklace?100_7353Making animal sounds to each other.100_7354From LaNae's we went to Wally World where Mama Trudy walked from the parking lot into the store and sat down while I did the shopping.  When we got home, she put up all the groceries and made fresh guacamole and started the macaroni cooking... she was on a roll.  By the way, riding in the truck did not bother her at all or make her dizzy and she said, "It sure is good to get out!"  Tell me.

After lunch, we decided we could get in a game of Mexican Train dominoes before Stephanie arrived.  She arrived about 3:30, we got my 'stuff' in her car, kissed and hugged Mama goodbye, told her to call me when she got up from her nap and we were on the road.  Did you notice how I sped through that?  Yea, it was a little hard for me to go... ok, it was a lot hard.  However, knowing that she feels good and should be able to be independent for a while longer is such a blessing and we are so thankful to God for His amazing grace.

Not to mention the fact that I MISS MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND!!!

I'm at Stephanie's now and we'll get a good night's rest and be on our way to Branson tomorrow, after we stop in Talequah to pickup hubby Rick who is at a camp with oldest son Dillon.

Stephanie (her dad calls her Steve) is reading Logan (5) a bedtime story... baseball story.  Of course!100_7355Hon, can you believe that I will be up and ready to go frog16by 8:00 in the morning????  See you soon!!!

1 comment:

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

Soo glad to hear that your mom is doing better and even better that you are on your way to Don. Take care and we miss you guys.