Sunday, July 6, 2008

It's Sunday

Don went to Cowboy Church this morning and it was very warm out at the rodeo arena.  He said they're talking about building a pavilion or something so they will be out of the heat for summer.  They need to do something.  (Don misses preaching.)

After yesterday's episode with Mama and riding in the truck, she and I stayed at home.  We both love going to church (I miss Don's sermons) and it's hard for us to stay home, but it's something we have to do until Mama gets her equilibrium back.  She's felt good today.  Dizziness stays away as long as she doesn't move too quickly.  We did more therapy today.  She also sat out on the porch for about thirty minutes, but I didn't let her stay out very long because it was too hot. 

Her grandson, Tommy, called her today and it always makes her feel better to get to talk to her grandchildren and children.  My brother calls her everyday from Georgia and she looks forward to their chats.

With Don's help, I made a pot of veggie/beef soup and a iron skillet of corn bread for dinner. Afterwards, we played dominoes for a while. 

Snookie called and said her blog (linked in my favorites) is all caught up, so I got online to check it out.  Love, love, love being able to keep up with all the places she and Bob have been and the people they've met.  I called her back after reading her blog and we had a wonderful visit by phone... we always do.  I got my exercise for the day as I walked all over this apartment complex while talking to Snookie on the phone.  It's the first time I'd been out today.

My brother, Jon, sent us pictures of his new backyard swing.  Actually, I don't think the swing is new... it's previous home was a front porch, but the "frame" for it is.... well how do I describe it??? ... unique. The two poles are actually two pine trees that still have their roots in the ground.  IMG_4102_1_3 Jon cut a log and attached it to the top of the sawed off trees and then attached his porch swing to it.  Pretty clever... no braces needed... it's naturally braced. He has been doing a lot of clearing out of trees in his backyard and plans to build a shop with the trees he's cutting down. IMG_4099_2_1 That's our report for today.  Please keep us in your prayers regarding the obvious and I have an "unspoken" request... God knows, just please pray. Together, we will bull_frog.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm glad to see the visual on this otherwise 'verbal picture' that I was given. I haven't even see their home yet so that's nice, too.

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

Been away from the computer for several days. Late Happy Birthday to Mama Trudy. Looks like she really enjoyed the party. Rick's dad is going to be tested for inner ear problems because he keeps falling down a lot also. We continue to pray for you. We miss you.