Sunday, July 20, 2008

Saturday and Sunday

It is indeed summertime.  It's HOT.  Stephanie, Rick and Logan got up and went to Silver Dollar City; Don and I stayed in.  After going down to Branson Landing last night in the heat, Don's shingles weren't very happy.

I called my son-in-law, Mike, this morning to wish him a happy birthday.  Bless his heart, he has a house full of crips... Blaine has his arm in a sling and LaNae has a badly sprained wrist and has it wrapped in an ace bandage.  Mike is a twin and when they were kids Matt would brag about being older than Mike, but now the tables have turned and Mike gets to tell Matt that he's still younger than Matt.  Funny how things change as we get older.

Mama Trudy misses me, but she's feeling ok.  She didn't enjoy her meals on wheels hamburger and baked beans yesterday, however.  The canned pears were ok, though.

Tonight, Saturday, after dark, we all went to play mini-golf.  It was still hot, but we had a good time.

Sunday morning, we all went to church here at the pavilion.  Had a good crowd considering how few people are in the park.  Met a really nice couple from Mountain Home, Ark. 

After church Bill Elwell went home.. his house is next door to the pavilion... and brought back a little silver case saying that he has had this for a long, long time and after reading my blog, he wanted me to have it.100_7385   I was overwhelmed.  The case is so small, 2 1/2" x 2 3/4" and the little dominoes are 1 1/8" x 5/8" and they will actually stand up. Thank you, Bill.  I carry it in my purse and I have been showing it to everyone.100_7386This (Bill's suggestion) gives you a better idea of how small this domino set is: 100_7399 100_7395 Over at KOA, one of the CRM directors, Jerry & Leslie Donahoo, are in town and Jerry preached and led the music.  That worked out well because, Mike Wilson, who usually leads music for us at KOA was sick.  Jerry preached about the last seven sayings of Christ from the Cross.

Dennis and Sally treated us to lunch at Bandera's BBQ after church and then it was home for Don and I to rest.

Tonight, Jimmy and Lucy came by to get us for ice cream.  That was dinner.

God is so good.  I'm a little overwhelmed at God's grace and love and provision.  I just want to praise Him.

Forever

Rely

Onbull_frog

God

1 comment:

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

So glad you are back home. Glad to hear your mom is doing good. She sounds like someone that I would love to meet. Take care and we miss and love you guys.