Monday, July 21, 2008

I Choose Now by Anthony Evans

I don`t want tragedy to be the only
Thing that leads me to your throne
With every moment of my life
With pain or joy I will cry
You are God alone
You`ve given me the choice to kneel or walk away
I`ve struggled with surrender long enough to say

I choose now
To be humbled in your presence
I choose now
To fall on my face
Cause one day
Every knee will bow but Jesus
I choose now.

I have the scars I can`t deny from
Thoughtless words and foolish times
But you still forgave
I wondered down a thousand roads
Lost my way but you led me home
Where I was safe
I know heaven is a gift of your grace
But until I see your face

To glorify your name
That`s why I was made
To worship and obey
I won`t wait

[Quite some time ago, I heard this song on KLOVE and really loved the message.  Something reminded me of this song recently, so I placed it on my Playlist and I pray you can testify of this message as well. 

Anthony Evans is the son of Tony Evans, Senior Pastor of the Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship and president of The Urban Alternative.  Dr. Evans has written many other booklets, videos and articles, as well as the monthly devotional Today's Alternative and the monthly newsletter The Alternative View.]

I love what Anthony wrote on his opening webpage:bridgeIntro

2 comments:

Mrs. Monty said...

Good to hear your Mother is feeling better and able to be by herself. Her new necklace is a great resource as my Mom had one and it saved her a many of time. Glad to see you back with Don.

Barbara said...

Hello Don & LaVon.....miss you guys alot. Thought about you when we were travling home from IL. Thought about making a big detour. Decided to get on home. Ronnie our friend with lung cancer is in hospice. Please pray for him and his wife. Love you guys!
Barb