Tuesday, July 1, 2008

humor

Well, it's 9:54 PM.  Don is asleep/awake/asleep/awake in the recliner that won't fit in our 5'er and Mama Trudy is sitting on the couch reading. In all fairness, Mama Trudy has had a couple of naps today and Don hasn't.  He attended the funeral of an uncle this afternoon and visited with a lot of cousins he hasn't seen in a long time. 

We also played four games of dominoes after dinner.

Mama Trudy feels better today than yesterday.  No dizziness, no headache, no soreness (that's odd).  Head doesn't feel heavy or light, but just not quite back to normal yet.  Still moving slower and being very cautious about getting up and moving.

We're having a good time talking about things that she remembers from her childhood.  I'm trying to think of something in my childhood that would compare with seeing my first airplane and I can't think of anything.  That must have been traumatic for her as a small child.

Don and I are doing good... taking one day at a time.  Trusting God. Missing our buddies in Branson.  Regretting not getting to see Cathy and Jack while they are in Branson this week. We were so looking forward to that.  But life happens and we are rejoicing at Mama's progress.  I am so thankful that I am able to be here with her and do whatever I can to make life good for her.

It's bedtime for me as I listen to "Worthy is the Lamb" ... words to "Agnus Dei" by Michael W. Smith. 

1 comment:

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

We will definetely keep you in our prayers. Glad to hear Mama Trudy is doing better. Will continue to view the blog to keep up with where you are and what you are up to. Sorry you missed Jack and Cathy. I know they are to. Love reading your blog. Keep it up. We miss you and love you guys.