Monday, April 25, 2011

A very special surprise!

We’ve been in Tulsa five days and we’ve re-connected with three special couples from our years in the RV ministry!

Today, Bruce and DeAnn drove three and a half hours from the Kansas City area to take us to lunch!!! 

On Facebook last night, DeAnn asked me if we were going to be available for lunch today and I said, of course, Yes! Yes! Yes!

About 12:30 PM just as planned, they arrived at the Q today.

Hi Bruce!!!  100_2062

DeAnn was busy getting her camera ready to take a picture.  I failed to tell her that I love her “do!”  It does this cute little flippy thing in the back..  Love it! 100_2063

I enlisted Tristan, our waiter at Cheddar’s, to take our picture.100_2064

We caught up on our lives since we saw them in Branson last September.  It’s like we just picked up right where we left off.

Back at the Q, it’s “visit documenting” time.  I’m so glad Bruce was holding Lindy!  Such a cute picture of her.100_2065

It’s just dangerous to give Don the camera.  I wasn’t ready!!  100_2066But while we’re here, would you just look at that gorgeous DeAnn, so slim and trim and stylin’… I should have taken a close up of her “hoochy-mama” shoes… that’s what she called them.  You can see them in the picture above with Don and Bruce, but you don’t see the three inch skinny wedge.  DeAnn is not taller than me.  Well, anyway, back to skinny woman DeAnn.  I was feeling really good about myself and then came the time to have my picture made standing next to her and I actually hesitated.  I’ve had my Amazon self photographed for years with women smaller than me (which is everyone), but when I lose weight (24 pounds to date), I hesitate to have my picture made with DeAnn.  Ridiculous.  She’s my inspiration and I’m honored to have my picture made with her.

I was laughing so hard about how tiny her waist is (compared to mine and most women’s) and she was waving her hand, saying, “See, I can get my arm around you, too!”  I just cracked up.100_2067

Finally, a normal picture of two forever friends.100_2068

We are still just blown away that they drove down to see us.  We had such a great time with them.

Until next time, Bruce and DeAnn, we love you and will keep in touch for sure. 

2 comments:

Tammy said...

You are God's daughter, chosen among many, and you are perfect in His eyes. "Just as you are". There's nothing wrong with improving yourself as you feel led to, but there's no comparison between you and any other child of God. Each of us are loved and accepted, no matter our size or shape. You are to be commended for sticking to a plan that is causing you to become more of what you believe God wants you to be. You look, and always have looked, "fantistique"!

Queen of Retirement said...

We had such a good time with the two of you! You two reflect God's love in all of your actions and in all of your words and you are such a great example for the rest of us sinners. Thank you so much for being you and for doing what you have been called to do.

LaVon you just make me laugh when you talk about me being skinny. AND I really have to laugh when I look at the pictures of the two of us standing there being our crazy selves. Too bad we are always so somber!

We love you.