Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday is here!

Don has his first Sunday at Tip O’Texas “under his belt.”  With only about one-third of the residents back, there was 144 in church this morning.  The “curiosity factor” will bring them to check out the new pastor, but that’s good.  It went great.  The message was clear:  John 14:1-7 with the emphasis being on Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. 

The gentleman running the sound system was not the regular sound man (he hasn’t arrived yet) so the message wasn’t recorded this morning.  We have a nice MP3 recorder, but didn’t take it to church with us this morning.

We met the cutest gentleman this morning… Fred.  Fred is 94 years young with a twinkle in his eye.  That’s Fred sitting in the front row looking at the camera.  I’m located in the choir section which they had set up on the floor this morning.000_0003

On our walk back to the Q after church, another kind gentleman walked with us and gave us oranges, grapefruit and tangerines from his fruit trees.  I’m happy!

The weather is really nice the last two days.  The wind isn’t gusting so bad.

When I checked my emails, I had a couple of reports from Sunscape RV Resort in Arizona where we were last winter.  We sure miss our friends there and are very grateful for the emails from there.  A special thanks to Bob and Linda for being available to Carl and Joy this winter season.

Bonnie from across the street just brought us warm chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven.  (Oh, my, I’m in trouble!)  She just wanted to tell us how much she and Dick enjoyed church this morning.  Wish I could have taken her picture, but I will never forget the look on her face.  Sweet, sweet lady.

 

Psalm 119

1 Joyful are people of integrity,
      who follow the instructions of the Lord.
2 Joyful are those who obey his laws
      and search for him with all their hearts.
3 They do not compromise with evil,
      and they walk only in his paths.
4 You have charged us
      to keep your commandments carefully.
5 Oh, that my actions would consistently
      reflect your decrees!
6 Then I will not be ashamed
      when I compare my life with your commands.
7 As I learn your righteous regulations,
      I will thank you by living as I should!
8 I will obey your decrees.
      Please don’t give up on me!

No comments: