Wednesday, November 3, 2010

In shock…

When I opened my emails, my eyes immediately recognized an email from wonderful friend, Cheri Hulgan.  We met Cheri and Tom our first summer as CRM chaplains in Branson.  Cheri and Tom were workampers at the KOA there.  Our first winter in Arizona we visited Cheri and Tom in Sun City, AZ, when Tom had open heart surgery.  We spent the night at their home and had a great visit with them.  Right now, I’m a little in shock as the news of her emails sets in:

“Hey,
Hope all is well you guys.    I was just diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer  and we are waiting to talk to a team of neurologist at UCLA for the type of treatment we may decided to begin.  Please put me on your prayer chains and I will continue to pray for Don.  Love  you guys and missed seeing you.  We are in Ventura and will remain here until the treatment is decided and completed for now.  I am in God's hands and I am not afraid, I was amazed at myself when the Doctor gave me the diagnosis that I did not fall down on the ground in a fetal position crying.  But I have not had any anxiety, depression, or melt down yet.  Tom is having a difficult time, doing a little to much mothering for my taste.  He's not good with this type of news and illnesses.  Take care and God Bless you guys.
Cheri”

Her faith is very strong.  Thank you so much for your prayers for Cheri and Tom.  Here’s a picture of Cheri… on the left.KOA - Cheri & Kathy

3 comments:

joelfloto@yahoo.com said...

Cheri sounds like a very strong lady!! I feel for her husband though.

Amy Huska said...

Thank you for posting this about Cheri.. she is my mom, and we are very happy that there are many people out there praying for her and our family. She is VERY strong, probably stonger than the rest of us :) We are doing our best to come around and support our dad the best we can, and I think he is doing OK, considering. She will start her Chemo/Radiation immediately and will just pray that God gives us some good quality time before HE decides when she gets to go home with HIM.

LaVon Baker said...

Amy, please keep us posted. My email is lavon7_99 at yahoo dot com. You are all in our prayers.