Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 18 of 30 days of truth

Day 18: Your views on gay marriage.

This would be an excellent Bible study as there a many scriptures to study and understand on this subject. 

However, to keep it brief, I believe that marriage is reserved by God for a man and a woman. 

I believe that homosexuality is a sin before God.  I also believe that my over-indulgence in food is a sin.  I believe that each person has their own particular weakness.  My weakness helps me understand how powerful someone else’s weakness is.  Sin, even though powerful, can be overcome by choice and by the power of God when we allow God’s power to work in our lives by faith.  I believe that sexual sins are mentioned so much in the Bible because they are such powerful sins of our flesh and our heart.  It takes God’s help and a firm commitment to refuse to partake in the sins of our weaknesses.  Hopefully, our weaknesses and bent toward sin is what will cause us to turn to God because we need His help to

Praise God, He forgives us of our sin when we repent and truly desire to live according to His design for us.  Homosexuality is not a sin that can not be overcome.  We all have victory in Jesus available to us.  It’s a matter of the heart.

No comments: