Saturday, May 22, 2010

Lydia Time

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

When I picked up our granddaughter, Lydia, at her friend’s house this morning, all the girls who had stayed over for the friend’s birthday slumber party were wearing different colored bandanas.  They were all so cute and Lydia was so sweet, wanting me to get out so she could introduce me to her friends. 

So off we went to the nail salon to get a pedicure, but Lydia changed her mind and decided she wanted a manicure. Didn’t matter to me, I was just spending time with my sweet granddaughter.  When I got out of the truck with my camera, she said, “No, Nonni, don’t take pictures.  I don’t have any make-up on!!”  I asked her if she was already to that “stage”?? and she said “Yes!”  But she humored me and let me take her picture. (I’m not very good at the self-portrait thing.)100_1387

This was while we were waiting to get our nails done.100_1388

When we first got there, there was a little elderly man waiting and soon his wife came shuffling through from the back where they did waxing.  Her upper lip looked really clean, so I guess….  Anyway, everyone that worked there called her “Mama” and told her bye and “see you next time.”  My sweet Lydia, jumped up and held the door for both of them.  She is growing up and I am so proud of the young lady she is becoming.

Grandson, Blaine, had spent the night with a friend, so I didn’t get to see him this morning. :-(

6 comments:

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

What, no pictures of the finished product? Are you slipping or what? LOL! So glad you had a good day with Lydia. She is so grown up now. WOW!

LaVon Baker said...

I know, but the truth of the matter is they didn't do a very good job on Lydia's nails and I messed a couple of mine up before I even got out of the chair. You can tell that I get my nails done often.... Ha Ha Ha.

LaVon Baker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanne Kennedy said...

Happy belated birthday! HOpe you had a good one.

Don't you sometimes hate how fast kids grow up. Other times you can't wait for them to get older but other times it's like you turn around and they go from one to teenage.

Glad you both had a wonderful time.

Hugs,
Joanne

Joel and Linda said...

Nothing like a fun time with the grandkids...Love it....

Joel and Linda said...

Nothing like a good time with the grandkids...Love it....