Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Churches; “See-you-later’s”; and a horse

After posting the Sunday’s Coming Don wrote this morning and while driving down the street to the Laundromat this morning, something caught my eye about 150 yards off to the right on the St. Richard Episcopal Church property beyond shrubs.  So, before we went to pick up Emma and Camden at their schools this afternoon, we stopped at the church so I could take pictures.100_1050

A close-up of the marker reveals:100_1050-1

I’m not familiar with the Episcopal church, so I’m wondering if the church, St. Richard Episcopal, was also named for Richard S. Mourer.  A Google search failed to produce the history.

This is a memorial garden.100_1052

There are many roses in the memorial garden and a magnolia tree still in bloom.2010 May 12 churches-1

St. Richard Episcopal Church100_1061-1

Next to the store where we got gas was a big pasture with a lone horse.  He’s probably 200 yards, at least, from us.100_1065

We met Leslie at Carino’s for dinner.100_1067

After dinner, visiting and saying our ‘see-you-later’s,’ I finally got the picture I’ve been seeing in my mind every time we pass by the Palm Valley Lutheran Church.  It’s been cloudy all day, plus it’s late in the afternoon, so the quality is not the best.100_1071Driving in to the parking lot to get a picture of the front of the church, I was delighted to see activity.100_1074

I also liked what I saw when I was leaving the parking lot and with this, I’ll “sign off” for Wednesday.100_1078

1 comment:

Norm and Lori said...

How fitting as you prepare to head to Oklahoma, the sign in front of the Lutheran Church. Go in peace, serve the Lord. Amen, and Amen! Love you and miss you, LoPo