Thursday, February 19, 2009

Terrific Thursday

I don't have much time, but a quick story for you before I have to go....

Don and I walked up the street to visit Dennis and Louann.  Dennis has broken the bone that's at the end of his spine, commonly known as the tailbone.  To add insult to injury, now he has pneumonia, but he finally went to the doctor and is on the mend now.

As we got to their house, there was a cockatiel (bird) on their front step.  I said, "Hon, that looks like Who's It," so I bent down and offered my finger and she politely stepped onto my finger and walked right up my arm to her familiar spot, my shoulder.  I made sure she didn't belong to Dennis and Louann and then I walked two streets over to G.H. and Pat's, who are owners of Who's It.  She squawked in my ear the whole way.  G.H. and Pat were glad to see her when we got to their house.  Pat had let her out on the porch with the cats (I know, there's just something wrong with that picture, isn't there?) and she said Who's It had never even offered to get off the front porch.  We've decided that Who's It was looking for the other Pat, who kept her the last two weeks while Pat and G.H. were on a cruise.... probably not real happy with them for leaving her, either.  She walked the two blocks over, because her wings are clipped so she can't fly.  They were really amazed that she walked that far, but she's back home, safe and sound and I had a lot of fun taking her home with her on my shoulder. 

Wouldn't you know it, I never leave the house without my camera.... but I did this morning.  So sorry, but here's a pic I posted a few weeks ago of G.H. and Who's It (her bird-sitter, Pat, renamed her Princess).

GH and his pet bird,

No comments: