Thursday, February 12, 2009

Terrific Thursday

Let's see... what did we do today?  Oh, yes.  Thelma called and wanted to go walking. 

"Oh, I'm sorry, Thelma.  We're about to leave to go to Bible study over at Arizona City."

"LaVon, you'll do anything to get out of walking!" 

However, she was a sweetheart and said she would walk for both of us.

The next phone call was a really good friend from Branson that we always enjoy hearing from, but today we certainly did not enjoy what Barry had to tell us.  Please agree with us in prayer for Barry's healing.

On the way to Arizona City, I talked to Mama Trudy, Wendy and Lucy on the phone.  My apologies to everyone for the brief conversations.

Today, we met at Gary and Cheryl's home for Bible study.  Jim's Cheryl wasn't there because she's having awful back pain.  We prayed together for Cheryl and Barry and others.  Our study today was friends within our families with the text in Ruth, chapters one and two.  Gary leads this study and today he had help... his fur-baby stayed right here the whole time.

Gary and his baby From Gary and Cheryl's we went the block and a half to Quail Run to try once more to find Snookie.  First, we saw Snookie and Bob's neighbors, Steve and Carol from Utah.  They have recently purchased a new Montana 5th wheel, so we got to see it and visit with them.  They were parked a few sites from us last winter at QR.  Carol's having a little issue with her leg, so I took "the tour" by myself.  They're such a neat couple and they promised to some see us at Sunscape soon.  Isn't Carol the cutest little red head?!Carol has a While Don was still talking to Steve outside about their 5'er, I walked over to the Oasis (activities director's office) and look who I caught working!!! Yes ma'am, there's Snookie!Snookie at work We had a great visit and finally Snookie has a weekend off and they're coming to see us Sunday afternoon.  We also traded local land line numbers so.... look out!  I had to have Don document that we finally got to talk to Snookie for longer than three minutes.  Snookie and me (Snookie, don't you just love standing by me?  Look how tiny you look!)  FYI, Readers, Snookie IS tiny!!  Why else would I look like an Amazon?!!

By now, Don is hungry, so we stopped at Wendy's on the way home and I got a salad and a Frosty.  Made sense to me. (Did I hear someone say, "Amazon?")

Ok, guilt has set in, so I called Thelma but she wasn't at home.  I was determined, so I got on my bike and took a spin around the park for about twenty minutes, but it was boring so I came back to the 5'er.

Just as I sat down to work on today's post, the phone rang and it was Thelma and now she wanted to ride, so we rode for almost eight miles.  I'm telling you all this because I'm quite proud of myself and I also need some encouraging words, so I want to see lots of comments. ;-)

After a grilled pork chop dinner prepared by my favorite master chef, we went over to Bud and Barb's for an evening of Uno.  Barb's brother, Elmer and wife, Mary, were there, also.  That's gals vs. guys, again.  No one had more fun than us 60+ kids tonight, even though the guys won.  I'm so glad God created us with the ability to laugh.  Can you just imagine what life would be like without laughter? 

Thank you, Elohim (God, the creator), for laughter.

1 comment:

relyingonhim said...

Good job on the 8 mile bike ride! Hang in there! I'm averaging 2 miles per day in steps which is about 5 - 6K steps. I'm supposed to be getting in 10K steps, so pray for me!!

Looks like living in an RV is much more adventurous than living in a house. Maybe we should pull up our stakes & hit the road??