Saturday, February 21, 2009

Blowing up my camera..

My new camera is screaming "Uncle!" today. 

I started the day knocking on Jim and Toma's door.... "Have you fed the quails yet?"  He hadn't so I took my chair and camera and got settled and then Jim put out feed for the quails in the cactus garden.  He left and it took a few minutes but soon, here they came.  I hope you enjoy looking at these pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them.

100_2184

100_2185 100_2186 a male Gambrel quail (they move so quickly) 100_2196 Quails stay pretty much in pairs, male and female.  100_2215 Here, we have an accidental picture.  I didn't know the rock had a hole in and therefore, did not know that I had gotten a picture of a quail in it.how did I do this?!!?This gentleman was the closest any of the quail came to me.  This suet block was about twelve feet from me.  I had to be so very still so he wouldn't be spooked.100_2226 Well, he's not a quail, but he was staring at me... daring me to "shoot" him.100_2251 Just a few of the dozens of pairs of quail that come to the garden.100_2252 I challenge you to find healthier Gambrel quails anywhere.100_2259  I took approximately eight-five pictures of birds in the Cactus Garden this morning, so these are just a few. And I'll end with this little fellow, also not a quail, who was eating at my feet... practically. 100_2271 All I can say is "It's a good thing I had a freshly charged battery in my camera."

1 comment:

Claudia said...

I loved those pictures. What kind of new camera did you get?