Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's getting very warm

Yep, if this 85+ degree weather keeps up, we'll be turning on the AC pretty soon.  Will try to hold off until March!  Air conditioning in February.  Whoever heard of such?!

I've been having a difficult time having a quiet time.  There's time during the day, but it's not always quiet and I can't seem to concentrate on what I'm studying or praying about.  So, if you want to wake up earlier, say around 5:30 or 6:00 to meet with the Lord, just ask Him to awaken you...  He will.  Consequently, my time with my Lord was awesome this morning and I didn't want it to end, so I look forward to tomorrow morning.

Don almost always gets up early to study, pray and prepare the sermon for Sunday, and I had asked him, also, to awaken me when he got up this morning, but the Lord had already woke me up.  Don's quiet place is his recliner in the "living room" and mine is in the bedroom.  Then after we're dressed we have devotional, Bible reading and prayer together after we are dressed and ready for the day.  It's the best.

We were just finishing up our devotionals when a lady we have ministered to before came knocking on our door.  She talked and we tried to encourage her.  I pray we were able to.  Of course, we prayed with her.  It just breaks our hearts when people are hurting, but we know God is at work and for that we praise Him.

Ellie came over to give us an invite to an "omelet in a bag" breakfast on the 7th at their park model which is behind us.  It sounds like fun and something we've not done before. Ellie is doing good with her therapy since having her knee replaced and she's getting around well with a slight limp and the aid of a cane when she's outside.  We just love she and Jim. (I know... we love everybody! :-))

Don went to Men's Bible Study at 10:00 this morning and there were only four men attending, but Don said they had a really good time of fellowship and sharing.

Thelma and I got in about 50 minutes of bicycle riding during that hour as her Jim was also at the Bible study.

Here is proof that I CAN multi-task.  Well, maybe not proof because you have no way of knowing that I'm riding my bike while taking pictures.Thelma (I'm multi-tasking) Here's Thelma, multi-tasking.  My multi-tasking was more difficult.  Of course, I wasn't talking, either.  Still, it's not easy to hold a not small camera and take pictures while balancing a moving bicycle.  100_2449

Well, I talked to Mama Trudy today while we were out of the park and she had an awful scare late yesterday afternoon.  She had walked from her apartment to the mailboxes and on the way back, she stopped to enjoy the evening on a bench provided by the complex.  A medium size dog was loose, came really close to her and began barking, growling, howling and jumping at her.  If she had not had her walking stick, she believes the dog would have attacked her.  Finally, a lady came out of her apartment and yelled at the dog several times and he finally relented and went in that apartment.  Mama then walked on to her apartment and sat calmly for a while and then took her blood pressure.  It was 216/80.  She really was terrified and I'm sure the dog realized that.  LaNae and I both told her to report the loose dog to the management as there are leash laws, and she said she would.  Praise God, Mama Trudy is alright today.

Have you ever seen a gourds growing?  Gourd art, as I have said before, is a really big deal out here and among a lot of RV'ers.  We drove into this farm this afternoon.  These are obviously ready to be harvested. 100_2450 I wish I had gotten pictures when the plants were green, now they're all dead.100_2451 The owner at Wuertz Gourd Farm said this years cropped was the largest he's had in years and they grow in all shapes and sizes.  [Snookie at Quinn's Awesome Journey blog went to the local Gourd Festival down the rode at the fairgrounds this year and posted a lot of really interesting gourd art pictures.  Check it out on her blog if you're into gourds.]  I think there's about twenty acres here and a lot have already been harvested for the festival where this farm sold thousands of gourds.100_2453

And that was our Wednesday. 

We are too blessed to be stressed and we pray you are, too.

No comments: