Saturday, February 7, 2009

Friday and Saturday

Most of Friday consisted of random photos as we drove around to and from. 

After choir practice we went to Casa Grande for lunch at Borderline Mexican Restaurant in Old Town. 

Suddenly, there were square bales of alfalfa hay.  Actually, we had noticed for the past few days that the alfalfa had been cut, raked and drying on the ground.

square alfalfa bales on AZ 287 This weekend is the Pinal County Gourd Festival.  Friday was the first day.  Today there are many more cars, RV's and people at the festival.first day of gourd festival Ok, here's the story.  The farmers here have the sheep ranchers in Wyoming bring their sheep down to graze the winter crop and fertilize the field at the same time.  The Wyoming ranchers get their herds fed on nutritious winter crops and the AZ farmers get their field fertilized.  This is probably alfalfa.  Therefore, Don and I call these "snow sheep."  Get it?Wyoming winter I never get tired of these pictures.sunset Friday night, we were invited over to Bud and Barb's to play Mexican Train dominos with them and Keith and Pat.  Keith and Bud are brothers.  We had a lot of fun and YEAH for the GIRL'S TEAM!

This morning, we found that Jack and Kathy had left us their golf cart while they are gone for two weeks on a cruise.  However, this pair beat us to the cart!  In just a few short hours, they had gathered a few twigs and made their nest on the dash of the golf cart.  We're going to feel really bad when we move them out, but they seriously can't nest there.100_1828

All snuggly, wuggly.100_1829 They weren't at all concerned about me being all around them taking pictures.  I was actually leaning inside the cart for this one.100_1831 Update:  Don just reported that they have left, so he threw out their shabby little nest and hopefully they will not try to build there again.  100_1834Thelma came and got me to go around the park to look for a bike for me, since her Jim is now well enough to ride his bide.  It's yard sale day here in the park.  I found one for $15 and it's in great shape... will be just fine for me.  I'll take it's picture later.

We decided to go over to Coolidge for a late breakfast and go to the Wal-Mart there.  We passed this pecan orchard.  Look how clean it is under the trees.  They actually harvest the pecans by vacuuming them off the ground.pecan orchard on AZ-287  While at Tag's Restaurant, I played around with the zoom on my camera.  I was fascinated by the color of this little girls eyes. amazing eyes A profile.profile in Tags A cup of coffee and the sports section.reading the paper at breakfast Locals, through the front window of Tag's.nice This painting was by our table.100_1845

I'm a little concerned about a child's sweater with black skull and crossbones and pink hearts.ok, i'm wondering about a childs sweater that has skull and crossbones and pink hearts???? Pretty eyes again.profile of a girl And here are a couple of favorites that Leslie and LaNae have recently posted.  Speaking of pretty eyes, here's Pook just out of her evening bath engrossed in something on TV.1-27-09 Emma This is a gorgeous digital layout by LaNae of she and hubby, Mike.together160 And a layout by LaNae of her sister, Leslie. leslie1

As I started over to check on Shari (her mom passed away this morning after breaking her hip several weeks ago and they couldn't do surgery), Don got some shots of me on my "new" bike.  my 100_1851 Now, you understand why I need a bike... or something!  When I walk very far, my feet hurt.  When I ride the bike for over five miles, my knee hurts.  Awww, the Golden Age... yea, right. 

Count it all JOY!!  Praise God, I can walk and I can ride my bike.  ALL things in my life are simply reminders to PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME.

1 comment:

Queen of Retirement said...

We spent 3 winters at HoHoKam in Coolidge and ate more than our fair share of food at Tag's. We have lots of friends in Coolidge!