Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Salad in the desert

For breakfast, my sweet husband fixed me toast and grapefruit which he had sectioned, peeled and removed almost all the membrane.  (He spoils me.) He doesn't really care for grapefruit, so he did that just for me, (I love it.) while I was preparing dirty laundry to wash.

This is what Don had created for me us for lunch when I got back with the clean laundry.  Ingredients are:  romaine, cherry tomatoes, green peppers, radishes, carrots, green olives, grilled chicken, grilled fresh pineapple, orange slices and boiled eggs with Kraft Seven Seas Italian dressing.  It was to die for!romaine, cherry tomatoes, green pepper, radishes, carrots, green olives, grilled chicken, grilled fresh pineapple, orange slices and boiled eggs with Kraft Seven Seas Italian dressing

In between breakfast and lunch, Don did some visiting around in the park.

After lunch, Don rested and I grabbed my new Dorrie hat (named for Dorrie Bardell who wears one like it-different color-and I mentioned that I liked it so she game me this one) and went for a bike ride.  Thelma joined me and we rode about eight miles.my Dorrie hat It's a great hat... has small holes for ventilation, yet it keeps the sun from my eyes AND ears.100_2433  It was 85 degrees today, so we sat outside most of the afternoon.  Chaplain Baker thinks this will keep me from taking his picture.  When will he ever learn???  Doesn't he realize that I BLOG EVERYTHING?!!  Hello.Chaplain Baker And last night at Wendy's, when I ask him what I could do for him, he did not even ask me not to post his picture on the blog... of course he had not seen this picture, but that's beside the point.  I ask him.

The Air Force or Navy was doing lots of drills today and the sky is so blue.for Mike Mike Moore, the park architectural director, rode by on his bicycle and stopped to sit and chat for a while.  We planned an afternoon next week with he and Madelyn to taken in the air museum.

Mike Moore, park architectural director

With Mike's permission, I'm going to share some pictures he took of Crown Saguaro cactus.  Look closely at this one... do you see the shrouded praying figure?05-3-13 Boots and flowers with Pat and Al 034 Same Saguaro.  See why it's called a Crown?05-3-13 Boots and flowers with Pat and Al 029 Another Crown. Isn't that bizarre?05-03-09 Marble Mountain 101

We have never seen any of these, but we will certainly be on the lookout for them from now on.  Thanks to Mike for sharing these photos with us.image

Tonight was Experiencing God Bible study night.  Don and I grabbed a burger at the DQ and then enjoyed a few hours with our EGBS friends.  This week we have been studying about how God speaks to us... through His Word, through prayer, through circumstances and through the church.  We also learned what it means when God is silent in response to our prayers.

We are so blessed.

No comments: