Friday, January 9, 2009

Time flies

Today completes one full week at Sunscape RV Resort.  It's been all positive.

Don went over to Eloy (a neighbor town) this morning with a group to check out the food bank they are involved with.  Don reports a really good thing they are doing and he's glad that folks from Sunscape are involved.

At 10:00 AM, it was time for choir practice.  We had a great group this morning, probably thirty or more.  Barry, you will enjoy hearing that we practiced "Do You Know My Jesus."  I will always think of you every time I hear this song.

The line dancers were finishing up when I go to the community center.  The numbers are growing in this advanced class.  They are really good and hardly ever make a mistake.  Guess who's NOT in this class?

line dancers After doing the laundry, Thelma invited me over to learn how to play Pinochle.  That's right, I don't didn't know how to play Pinochle.  I'm ready now... they best look out.  Thelma is a sweetheart and she has a music evangelism ministry, singing and speaking at camps, churches and women's conferences.  She gave me a CD that she and a friend made.  I can't wait to listen to it.  Thelma Taylor taught me how to play PinochleLinnea and Fran picked us up at 5:00 to go to Barney's (in Casa Grande) for dinner.  We came back to their park model to finish the evening playing Hand and Foot, a card game.  What a fun evening. 

Don met quite a few people today and some who said they would see him in church Sunday, who have not been going to church.  That's exciting to us.  Yes, it's been a wonderful week and we are rejoicing.

2 comments:

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

As usual, your pictures are great. Glad you are enjoying your stay in AZ. Tell Don we love and miss you guys.

Mrs. Monty said...

It sounds like you all are fitting right into your new park. You need to get into that advanced line dancing class. You would pick it right up, I'm sure. Tell Don hello for us.